babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Would the Spirit interior show up denim marks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wear raw denim jeans most days and am wondering if the Spirit interior (the brown / orangey tan colour) would show up denim marks. I don't dare go lighter, so it's this or black.

Anyone have experience with similar leather in other cars?

Thanks!
Yes they will mark in time, not as noticable as in an ivory or light grey interior, but don't let that put you off as I've had many a car with an ivory/cream interior and its simple to get rid of any denim mark by wiping over with either a baby wipe (trick of the trade) or a leather cleaner applied with a microfibre cloth.
Thanks Spiderman. Would you be comfortable with ANY of the light leathers then given your experience, or is it still prudent to go for a slightly darker one like Spirit?

Cheers
To be honest I'd be 100% comfortable with any of the interiors, just remember to wipe any marks off frequently, so they don't get a time to bake on, and as long as you do this you'll be fine. Smile
I tend to wipe them off as I notice them appearing, its only a 30sec job and this also serves to preserve the leather.
[quote='memota' pid='14352' dateline='1317029372']
I wear raw denim jeans most days and am wondering if the Spirit interior (the brown / orangey tan colour) would show up denim marks. I don't dare go lighter, so it's this or black.

memota,
It depends on what you get up to in your car Wink
(26-09-2011 11:00am)doug Wrote: [ -> ][quote='memota' pid='14352' dateline='1317029372']

memota,
It depends on what you get up to in your car Wink

I'll never tell!
The thing I found with the lighter leather upholstery is to be very careful with wearing leather belts, the polish/dyes on them seem to get into the seat leather and are very difficult to remove, denims were not a problem in my last FFRR with the Ivory interior so long as I never got into the car wearing wet jeans on a rainy day, some gliptone leather cleaner/polish always got the seat back to as new if I did get blue staining.
Whilst I love the look of the light interiors, I would hate to have to have to worry about my wardrobe whe planning a drive...that and the two kids under five, means black for me!
(26-09-2011 11:51am)gead Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst I love the look of the light interiors, I would hate to have to have to worry about my wardrobe whe planning a drive...that and the two kids under five, means black for me!

Did think about this, but realised with an 18month old daughter, we have wet wipes appearing all over the place, at least leather is wipe clean.
I know someone who, until she left him, insisted his wife wear track suit bottoms before she could travel in his Ferrari with cream hide.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's