babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Noisy in the back?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Tonight i am getting grief of the girlfrined as she thinks that during the test drive the sd4 coupe i drove was noisy and uncomfortable in the back. Obviously i wasnt driving so has anyone else experienced this??

She is going so far as to say I need to sit in the back on an extended drive to experience it and might be worth looking elsewhere over?
GF? - it's still your decision. Wife? - need to pay some attention but, hey, when r u gonna be anywhere but the driving seat so what does it matter! Laughing
Ask her if she would like to travel by public transport,that really is noisy and smelly too!
I sat in the rear of the coupe during our test drive and it was perfectly acceptable,except when it was time to get my fat ass out again!Laughing
Why not ditch the girlfriend and the money you save you could upgrade to a dynamic.Smile
I test drove an evoque and found it quite noisey in the front
was a little disappointed not as good as my sport
and very nearly the same price
thanks steve
LaughingLaughingLaughing vinny and cjfp

But Daigriff wins the prize for best answer Very Happy

Love this forum for the friendly advice.
Trickas, I'm not disputing your observation but I reckon the interior of the Evoque is quieter than the RRS and almost as hushed as the FFRR. Mine has no wind noise around the A pillar or mirrors unlike both the RRS and FFRR. However the engine does get a bit vocal if I use revs over 3000 (which isn't very often), which invariably happens in kick down or Sport mode. There is more tyre noise audible in the front of mine than engine noise. Even when cruising at 70 the engine is a very remote and muted hum, not at all loud or intrusive. Which model did you test drive?
Yep - ditch her. She'll only get worse. Laughing
I have prepared a little comparson of cabin noise from some cars in different categories taken from AutoCar several last issues:

(So we don't need to rely on ED's girlfriend perception of the noise level, as he will probably ditch her after so much support from the forum):

.........................Idle, 30 , 50 , 70 (mph), Max. revs in 3rd gear
RRE.....................47 61 64 67 72
Kia Rio................39 63 68 70 76
Mercedes C-Class..46 60 64 67 71
Jaguar XF............49 58 62 65 68

The measurement is in dB. The C-Class and the Jaguar had 4 cyl[/php]. diesel engines as RRE. Sorry about bad formatting of the table.. but didn't know how to insert proper table...
Case closed Very Happy
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's