babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: What would you do...if they didn't fit your standard camera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
After having heard the horror stories over Prestige and Dynamic models not having their standard rear view cameras fitted, I have tried today to find out if my car, which is due to be delivered on Tuesday is one of the unlucky ones. Irealise that it will be unlikely but my dealer said at 4pm today that they couldn't get into their compound until Monday.

Apparently Benno, who started a post on his car was offered £600 off list or the prospect of placing a new order with a six month wait. What would you do?
I would just ask for money off, but a lot more money than the option would cost to compensate me for such a shambolic cock up.
Honestly it's not something I would need so if they refunded me the cost of the item then I would be happy, on the other hand if this is something that i really needed and wanted then maybe a different story. I drive buses for a living and they don't have reverse cameras, so it's something I could live without.
LR should be recalling the entire run of affected cars for rework. It's a shambles and the customers are being treated badly.
To be honest the car i test drove had the camera and i wasnt that impressed, the camera in the girlfriends juke is of more use as it has guides on the screen that let you know exactly where your back end is.
I'm undecided at the moment. I think I'll find out from my dealer first if my car is affected.
600 pounds (sorry no pound sign on my keyboard!) is not enough compensation, so I'm leaning towards rejecting the car and re-ordering if they can't do anything about it.
I'm hoping that it's got all it's cameras and so I won't have any more stress over this.
ANT
Just ask them to sort the problem , before I accept the car
(17-09-2011 08:57pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly it's not something I would need so if they refunded me the cost of the item then I would be happy, on the other hand if this is something that i really needed and wanted then maybe a different story. I drive buses for a living and they don't have reverse cameras, so it's something I could live without.

Being a bus driver I take it you didnt order wing mirrors or indicators either! (sorry my fife teamate)Laughing
(17-09-2011 09:03pm)Jonathon555 Wrote: [ -> ]Just ask them to sort the problem , before I accept the car

I think the jist of what LR are saying is that it can't be retro-fitted. cheers
@ vinny Laughing. Walked in too that one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's