babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Price of "dealer accessory" wheels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

looking into the possibility of having a second set of wheels with which to fit with winter tyres....

1) does anyone know the price of the "accessory" wheels? I dont see anything on the LR sites (either uk or germany)

2) is it actually possible to fit snowchains on the 20s? I do quite a bit of skiing and have seen on many occasions people being turned back from some roads for not having showchains/socks.... not sure if this also applies to 4x4s but did happen to me in my car... I know that chains are not allowed in UK but are, my experience above was in the Pyranees.

Thanks,
Paul
Ok, I found the answer in another thread... I am assuming the 400-500 GBP is per wheel?... very cheap for a set of 4..
I don't know the wheel prices but drop Dan@Duckworthparts a PM and ask him

Snow Chains - Land Rover do not recommend fitting snow chains to their cars and they do have an approved system for snow use that doesn't involve chains. IIRC there is a section in the owner's manual about fitting chains that you can find stickied in one of the sections. The LR snow tact ion system is similar to snow socks and I know people who drive to ski in Germany France and Switzerland from the UK and have rated them very highly but have rarely had to use them with the 4WD system in the cars. The Grass Gravel and Snow setting in the TR is very effective in snow
Here in Australia it is mandatory to carry chains when heading to the snow resorts. I can't imagine that you would be unable to fit them to te evoque. My last three cars have all had issues with body and suspension clearance and snow chains, and I would be pretty p1ssed if this one had the same issues....
I think there is the dilemma, in some countries it seems like chains are mandatory in some high snow areas... again i dont know if maybe 4x4s are exempt from this... but the std LR traction system indicates its only for 17" which means for the majority of us it is useless.

I have my dealer launch event tonight & test drive tomorrow so I will also ask them in person.

Thanks!
You need to read the rules carefully - in some countries snow chains are mandatory UNLESS the car is 4WD in which case chains are not required. On an Evoque chains would foul the wheel arches, and on UK models LR had to fit very tiny lip extensions on the rear wheel arches as we have a rule in the UK that wheels cannot stick out from the wheel arches - hence the tiny "spoilers" on the back of the rear wheel arches of the Evoque, they aren't for aerodynamics but to get round the construction regs in the UK!
Reference URL's