babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Had a test drive.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Been for my test drive today and although i was impressed it has left me with a colour dilemma, I have always wanted white but on seeing a grey evoque it has put the cat amongst the pigeons on colour choice.

Had a chat with the dealers and apparently i am now 19th on the list with that dealer which will probably put me on a late december build for jan/feb delivery.

Anyway a needless shot of the evoque i drove next to the car i drove to the dealers in.

[Image: imag0639v.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I know how you feel - saw the cars in the flesh for the first time earlier in the week at local dealers.

Same dilemma - I have ordered fuji but the OG they had looked very good indeed.

Also had fuji, indus silver & black.... black wasn't great looking tbh and the least impressive of the colours they had IMO...
I originally went for a Pure but after seeing the Dynamic in the flesh it is making me want to spend £6k more!
Hi, Are you goingtoexpand on the test drive. Im just interested to hear what you thought. Cheers YT
yes, we need details Smile
I saw my first in the flesh earlier in the week and have my launch event friday & test drive saturday but still interested in any thoughts you might have.
After seeing it in reality I found it much more impressive and imposing than in the photos.
There is no doubt the Dynamic is stunning - noticeably more jaw droppingly "wow" side by side to the prestige...... but in your case is it £6k more stunning than a pure with 20" etc? I wonder what the 3 year residuals say for both - if the dynamic is woth £3k more in 3 years then that might make your decision easier!...or not!

In my case I'm on a strict budget having just spent exactly that (£6k) in upgrading the wifes car!! Maybe next time......
(14-09-2011 10:24pm)paulelescoces Wrote: [ -> ]yes, we need details Smile
I saw my first in the flesh earlier in the week and have my launch event friday & test drive saturday but still interested in any thoughts you might have.
After seeing it in reality I found it much more impressive and imposing than in the photos.

Me too. I saw a whole pile of them at the Factory and they instantly reminded me of the Judge Dred jeeps that were so coolon a very uncool film. YT
(14-09-2011 10:33pm)ytshome Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2011 10:24pm)paulelescoces Wrote: [ -> ]yes, we need details Smile

Me too. I saw a whole pile of them at the Factory and they instantly reminded me of the Judge Dred jeeps that were so coolon a very uncool film. YT

They look like Stormtroopers to me!
To be honest the test drive left me a little bit underwhelmed.

I have ordered a td4 Pure 5 door in White with black leather and very few options as to be honest its about at the limit in terms of what i want to spend on a car anyway as i like to save and pay cash rather than have car finance. (have done this for last 11 years).

I drove a prestige coupe sd4 and it was really nice to drive but I didnt feel comfortable or like i really bonded with the car after a 30 min drive with a salesman present. I didnt really get a chance to play with the toys and features properly/ I suppose a half day unaccompanied drive would see to this.

Dont get me wrong i am still really looking forward to getting my car though. With regards to the different spec levels I must be the only person i the world who cannot see a massive difference in the exterior of the cars. To me a pure will do just fine but as to colour? Who knows, stay with white or go to grey, that is the question?
Having a testdrive with a salesman is silly. You can't properly try the toys, you can't find out how it handles in certain situations... quite useless really, every modern car drives reasonably well if you have to keep quiet. They've played that trick when I wanted to buy a BMW. Now I have a Lexus.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's