babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Had a test drive.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I took mine out for a night drive last night for the first time, driving through the nearby town, even in the dark you could see people trying to see what the car was when I stopped at traffic lights or to pull out of a junction.
(15-09-2011 09:11am)vision*R Wrote: [ -> ]Having a testdrive with a salesman is silly. You can't properly try the toys, you can't find out how it handles in certain situations... quite useless really, every modern car drives reasonably well if you have to keep quiet. They've played that trick when I wanted to buy a BMW. Now I have a Lexus.

I totally agree.
(15-09-2011 10:38am)brommy Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-09-2011 09:11am)vision*R Wrote: [ -> ]Having a testdrive with a salesman is silly. You can't properly try the toys, you can't find out how it handles in certain situations... quite useless really, every modern car drives reasonably well if you have to keep quiet. They've played that trick when I wanted to buy a BMW. Now I have a Lexus.

I totally agree.

I agree, but try getting an unaccompanied one.
(15-09-2011 11:02am)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-09-2011 10:38am)brommy Wrote: [ -> ]

I totally agree.

I agree, but try getting an unaccompanied one.

I had an unaccompanied test drive for an hour on Sunday. My 'here + now' invite said it would be accompanied but the salesman said it was fine for my wife and me to take the car unaccompanied. There was a suggested route but the salesman said go where you want, so we did!
Also got a hour long unaccompanied test drive coming up on Tuesday.

The sales rep said he'd put me and my wife on their insurance so happy days.
(15-09-2011 09:39am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I took mine out for a night drive last night for the first time, driving through the nearby town, even in the dark you could see people trying to see what the car was when I stopped at traffic lights or to pull out of a junction.

How were the xenons in the dark tim?Brighter than average or just average.I have dissapointed with my bmw's xenons since day 1 illumination wise
My test drive is tomorrow (Friday) - any pointers, tips or things to watch out for? Thanks
(15-09-2011 07:15pm)bogstomper Wrote: [ -> ]My test drive is tomorrow (Friday) - any pointers, tips or things to watch out for? Thanks

Ask if it has 'park assist'. Even if you are not considering it, it's worth trying out for the amusement!
(15-09-2011 07:06pm)vinny Wrote: [ -> ]How were the xenons in the dark tim?Brighter than average or just average.I have dissapointed with my bmw's xenons since day 1 illumination wise

A lot better than the adaptive bi-xenons on my RRS, much whiter and better range. I ended up with the god-awful looking auxiliary driving light and fog lamp pods on that to get a decent range at night. You should try driving a Defender at night if you think your BM had dull lights.........
My LED sidelights are nearly as bright as the headlights on the 90!

RRS with lighting pods on the bumper
[Image: DSCF2418.JPG]
[Image: DSCF2419.JPG]

Defender with the head and side lights
[Image: 85100b4c.jpg]
(15-09-2011 08:07pm)brommy Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-09-2011 07:15pm)bogstomper Wrote: [ -> ]My test drive is tomorrow (Friday) - any pointers, tips or things to watch out for? Thanks

Ask if it has 'park assist'. Even if you are not considering it, it's worth trying out for the amusement!

Thanks - I haven't spec'd it but you're right, it would be interesting to try... I've got a variety of roads in mind so should get a decent impression of whether or not it's for me...
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's