babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dash camera.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'd like to fit a dash camera to my 2012 Evoque, most of the cameras I've seen are very obvious, sometimes obscuring the drivers view slightly. Has anybody here any experience of Kammu.com system ? It looks discrete, behind the rear view mirror. They say that their camera is specifically designed for the Evoque. Any opinion would be welcome, thanks.
Here's a link....
http://www.kammu.com/shop/dash-cam/facto...d-gsensor/
That looks great. Just what I've been looking for as well.

Steve

201 quid at current exchange rate, free shipping. Unsure on import tax tho.

If the quality is as good as there u tube video I may be tempted to try this one.

Steve
The main reason that I like the look of this camera is that there should be no need to take it out of the car, or hide it from crooks when parked. Does any body know of other cameras that can be permanent....and discreet ! Gary
If you have sign-post recognition, presumably you couldn't locate a camera behind the mirror, though.
Ah....have you spotted a problem Donny ? Would my 2012 Evoque have this ? I don't know about it if it has, any idea on how to check please....
(28-11-2016 08:18pm)GaryO Wrote: [ -> ]Ah....have you spotted a problem Donny ? Would my 2012 Evoque have this ? I don't know about it if it has, any idea on how to check please....

Not in a 2012, no. It's new with the latest infotainment/in control system (if specified).
Road signs recognition has been available since 2014MY as I had it on my last Evoque and found it to be very good as even new signs that were not in the satnav database would show on the dash.
(28-11-2016 09:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Road signs recognition has been available since 2014MY as I had it on my last Evoque and found it to be very good as even new signs that were not in the satnav database would show on the dash.

Thanks for this, much appreciated, you don't know anything about that Kammu system do you ? Or any similar cameras....thanks again..
just purchased a xplore c1 plus. my existing cam is retiring after some good long service
Unfortunately not as I've never felt the need for a dash cam system.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's