babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dash camera.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(28-11-2016 10:51pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately not as I've never felt the need for a dash cam system.

tim, I never previously wanted a dash cam, until a driver reversed into my stationary car, then blamed me.
it took two years to resolve this so I will always have a dash cam fitted in my car.
Thumbs Up
Just installed a NextBase 512G, available from Amazon & Halfords etc. Plug and play, needs a memory card - 32Gb will give a 4hour recording loop.
Software for downloading and viewing on a CD in the box, good pictures, map and speed readout.
(15-12-2016 05:26pm)Nige Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed a NextBase 512G, available from Amazon & Halfords etc. Plug and play, needs a memory card - 32Gb will give a 4hour recording loop.
Software for downloading and viewing on a CD in the box, good pictures, map and speed readout.

sounds like a good cam, I went back to my 5 year old blackvue, the best out of three cams that ive had.Thumbs Up
(15-12-2016 05:26pm)Nige Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed a NextBase 512G, available from Amazon & Halfords etc. Plug and play, needs a memory card - 32Gb will give a 4hour recording loop.

I was looking at one of these. How did you go about wiring it up?
That 512G is a very good camera, great pictures, but it is still "on view" ,on the windscreen. I'd like a camera that is discrete, and can stay in the car. Anybody ? Thanks.
[quote='Pete' pid='113686' dateline='1481882877']

I was looking at one of these. How did you go about wiring it up?
tucked wire under window trim and door rubber seal, under carpet and along seat to power socket.Smile
Oh great.  No need to tear the car apart then, neat!

Thanks very much.
(16-12-2016 09:23pm)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Oh great.  No need to tear the car apart then, neat!

Thanks very much.

no just the bit at side of seat /seat belt fastener then over into the lidded cubby.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's