Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
where did the door tread plate thread go ?
Madam Fuji

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ?

And also a great bunch of people on another forum, with a wide range of knowledge, which I've been comfortable with from day one, which is why I asked Martin those particular questions- but respect our loyalty to this forum, PS.

Oh, also, if Martin is so keen on sponsorship , why doesn't he charge for membership- simples!!
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 03:18pm by Madam Fuji.)
24-07-2013 03:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

MF - it is rather unfair of you to ask me to comment on another forum that I am not wholly familiar with, unlike yourself - you have nearly 16 times as many posts there as here.

babyRR is one of a network of LR/RR sites I run along the same basis, and all seem to do well.

It should be clear that I don't impose many restrictions on the discussions on my sites, but the use of them for commercial purposes without contribution is something I feel strongly about.

I can't comment on why other sites have the rules they have, that is up to their owner/admin. Other sites could have wealthy owners for whom the running costs is small change and they can justify allowing companies free reign.

It is a shame that it is so easy to criticise, but more difficult to be constructive and offer advice for improvement Sad
24-07-2013 04:34pm
PhilSkill

(24-07-2013 03:16pm)Madam Fuji Wrote:  And also a great bunch of people on another forum, with a wide range of knowledge, which I've been comfortable with from day one, which is why I asked Martin those particular questions- but respect our loyalty to this forum, PS.

Many of which are on both of course... Wink

Personally I just don't like the format and adverts of the other one particularly, and don't have the time to peruse both generally.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 04:44pm by PhilSkill.)
24-07-2013 04:42pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

I can't force anyone to use babyRR in preference to any other community (forum, Facebook, etc) any more than you can be forced to buy a certain car in a certain spec or colour. The choice is entirely yours, but I will do what I can to make this forum welcoming, useful and reliable.
24-07-2013 04:46pm
Madam Fuji

Thank you for your prompt response , Martin, which is appreciated. I can only respond by saying there is a reason why I contribute more to the other site, and it's because it's a warm and supportive forum, with lots of humour thrown in! I have no idea how a car works under the bonnet( and don't want to), and therefore it's a challenge to join a car forum. Yours has never motivated me to contribute ( I'dbe way too scared!) it's not so much criticism as fact for me! The other forum has lots of lady members who feel confident in their contributions. Put it this way, since you mentioned money- I'd gladly pay to be a member of the other forum, but wouldn't for this.
24-07-2013 04:52pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

I never mentioned users paying for the forum Confused

You have a personal preference which this site does not (currently, or otherwise) match. I'm sure (I hope!) there are others who think the opposite, and feel that babyRR is better for them for whatever reasons.

I will take on board your comments though.
24-07-2013 05:00pm
Madam Fuji

Cheers, Martin- appreciate managing this site must be a difficult task!
24-07-2013 05:09pm
TtheArab

What a crying shame. Why didn't you just move the thread to another part of the forum E.g. Items for sale ? I just received the sill plates this morning and they are absolutely fantastic and of incredibly high quality and however your rules work I would have thought it in the interests of your community to be able to choose whether to partake of what was on offer.

FWIW I am on this forum because I use fullfatrr which works a treat for me. I'm not sure what this mysterious "other forum" is but if the guy who put all the work in to produce an incredible high quality product at a great price is there then I guess I will go find it.
29-07-2013 06:37pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

I've explained the reasons behind this, don't feel I have to do so again Smile
30-07-2013 08:15am