babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
where did the door tread plate thread go ? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Site News & Feedback (/Forum-Site-News-Feedback)
+--- Thread: where did the door tread plate thread go ? (/Thread-where-did-the-door-tread-plate-thread-go)

Pages: 1 2

where did the door tread plate thread go ? - Barton Evoque - 22-07-2013 08:03pm

Just had a look can't find it now.Confused

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ? - Martin - 22-07-2013 08:06pm

A company has repeatedly, and after many requests and warnings to cease, been breaking the site's commercial posting rules. This wasn't a misunderstanding, this company fully understood the site's rules and chose to ignore them and gather business without being a site sponsor.

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ? - Barton Evoque - 22-07-2013 08:08pm

That's a shame Martin. lets hope he sell from the other forum now then Sad

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ? - cjfp - 22-07-2013 08:15pm

(22-07-2013 08:08pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  That's a shame Martin. lets hope he sell from the other forum now then Sad

Or he could try obeying the rules as have other sponsors and contribute to the site

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ? - Martin - 22-07-2013 08:15pm

That's up to whatever deal he has with the other forum, and what their rules are.

The offer was there to become a sponsor but that company said they didn't want to. They then promoted anyway.

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ? - PhilSkill - 22-07-2013 11:25pm

That was inevitable, ok while he was giving out free samples, but it was obviously turning into a sales outlet! The products were good but he needs to invest some in his marketing!

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ? - mfhphil - 23-07-2013 03:50pm

Glad I got in early then Cool

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ? - Martin - 23-07-2013 03:55pm

Well done (!)

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ? - Madam Fuji - 24-07-2013 02:06pm

Mmmmm, don't care if I get chucked off this forum, but the contributor to the door tread plate thread has actually come up with a fantastic solution!! To be honest, Martin, the very fact that your image is Of a grumpy Terry-Thomas of the 1940's kind of says it all for me!

What is your vision for this forum?? Why is it so dull??? ( and I make that statement because I check every couple of days to see if there's anything I could learn from!) and
( probably ) as a result of the above, what is there to attract female Evoque owners to this forum???)

I've no doubt you've checked out the ' other' forum. I'd be interested to know what you've observed from that!

RE: where did the door tread plate thread go ? - PhilSkill - 24-07-2013 02:58pm

Doubt you'd get "chucked off" as forums about sharing and personal opinion, but in Martins defence, not that I need to, he makes this place exist... have you sponsored him in any way to help finance this site?

Is it fair that some guy, albeit very clever, friendly and helpful, and even provided us here some free samples should use Martins forum to make money and maybe start a business, while offering nothing back to Martin to help run the forum. I'm very grateful to bk I gave him some advice and he returned in great kind with free samples, but what did Martin get out of that to help pay the service provider's bills?

So what would make it more attractive...? come up with some ideas, start a thread, get the conversation going, you have to put in for there to be something to take out!

There's a great bunch of people on here, with a wide range of knowledge.