Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
pedal vibration felt under acceleration
sercos

RE: pedal vibration felt under acceleration

(10-01-2012 04:28pm)nctran19 Wrote:  I've have my Pure for over a month and have been noticing an abrupt vibration felt through the gas pedal under acceleration at exactly between 10-15 mph, ONLY while in drive directly after initial start up. If I park it without shutting down the motor, it isn't felt again once its put in drive again. But every time the motor is shut down and starts back up, the vibration is felt under acceleration. The dealer wasn't able to diagnose the issue since they didn't have another Evoque to compare it with. Has any other owner felt this issue??

I know what you say because I noticed the same behaviour in mine from first day. In my case this is not an issue because the vibration is very very smooth and almost unnoticeable so I assume this is normal behaviour related to 4x4 or some transmission electronics. By the way, mine is manual gearbox.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrived: Pure coupe SD4 Fuji White with auto lights and wipers, xenon, leather, pano roof, fogs and style 2 18s.
Gone: Audi TT 2.0T manual gearshift
22-01-2012 10:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olde

Vibration may be an issue you should add to The List: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-2012-Soft...pdate-List

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
23-01-2012 04:23am
dima

(22-01-2012 10:05am)sercos Wrote:  I know what you say because I noticed the same behaviour in mine from first day. In my case this is not an issue because the vibration is very very smooth and almost unnoticeable so I assume this is normal behaviour related to 4x4 or some transmission electronics. By the way, mine is manual gearbox.

I noticed exact the same behavior from the first day on my Si4. It does not feel as a defect, but like some kind of pedal calibration?

Arrived on 02/02/12: Si4 Dynamic in Fuji-White (4 door, Pano-Roof, Style 6, Vortex Ebony, PDC + Camera, Privacy)
04-02-2012 03:11pm
dima

Went to my dealers and they could reproduce the described behavior. Got a call yesterday and they told me that they had a comparison car last Friday (Si4 Dynamic) and could notice exactly the same behavior. So seems to be normal. Because I have an extended 5 years warranty, no worries on my side about that.

Arrived on 02/02/12: Si4 Dynamic in Fuji-White (4 door, Pano-Roof, Style 6, Vortex Ebony, PDC + Camera, Privacy)
04-03-2012 04:21pm
mmonteiro

(22-01-2012 10:05am)sercos Wrote:  I know what you say because I noticed the same behaviour in mine from first day. In my case this is not an issue because the vibration is very very smooth and almost unnoticeable so I assume this is normal behaviour related to 4x4 or some transmission electronics. By the way, mine is manual gearbox.

I also have manual gearbox and I can feel some vibration around 1400-1800 rpm and a strange sound..
27-11-2012 01:03pm
Evo-king

It is there on mine as well, and more noticeable when the car is cold.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-11-2012 11:16pm
mat911t

Hi, I just received my SI4 automatic 2 days ago, and I noticed the same thing.
I brought it back to the dealer today, they told me I'm the first to mention it. They made a test a noticed it also.
They will question UK and will get back to me as soon as they have an answer. I'll let you know if they find something
01-02-2013 10:19am
FILO

Hi, the issue you're talking about is exactly the same as in this thread:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-little-vi...y-1400-rpm
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 01:22pm by FILO.)
05-02-2013 01:22pm
mat911t

Hi Filo,
This is not the same problem. The one you are refering to happens on Diesel engine. You feel it thru the pedal and not thru the wheel.
It just happens once when you start the car. To feel it again, you have to turn off the ignition, start again and go over 20kmh /10mph. If you stop at a red light it won't happen again.
05-02-2013 11:01pm
marckymarc24

(05-02-2013 11:01pm)mat911t Wrote:  Hi Filo,
This is not the same problem. The one you are refering to happens on Diesel engine. You feel it thru the pedal and not thru the wheel.
It just happens once when you start the car. To feel it again, you have to turn off the ignition, start again and go over 20kmh /10mph. If you stop at a red light it won't happen again.

I also have felt this same vibration on a new 2013 Evoque Prestige that I took delivery of a week ago. Felt this from the first time I drove the RRE.
23-03-2013 12:20pm