Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPhone 5s
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

iPhone 5s

Just had an email from the Apple Store extolling the virtues of the new iPhone 5s and 5c...................... the only thing I see that are downers with it is that there is now an even smaller SIM card required - a nano sim instead of a micro sim. I wonder how many networks will have those available on launch day 20th September and also the old connection cable will not fit - it uses a "Lightening" connection and additional cables are a rip-off £25 each!
My trusty iPhone4 seems to be working well at the moment........ certainly not badly enough to justify the £700 asking price of a new iPhone!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2013 10:22am by XFullFatTim.)
13-09-2013 09:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: iPhone 5s

Every network will have them, the iPhone 5 has used the nano sim since launch. Was looking to sell my 5 but I don't think there is much point at the moment in going for a 5s other than the internal workings and finger print recognition ios7 will just be the same on the 5.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-09-2013 10:34am
RRSteve

Phone upgrade time for me is January. I have the 4s at the moment.

I'll probably go with the 5s. Anyone thinking about the plastic 5c?
13-09-2013 11:36am
Barton Evoque

Nano sim card is no problem.all you need is a sim cutter off ebay.very easy to cut one down.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NANO-SIM-CARD-...48551d4969

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
13-09-2013 01:14pm
Hudreed

O2 (and most other providers) have them available when you get the phone, sometimes they are even in the box. All you need to do is pair the nano sim to your number which can take a bit of time.

iPhone has used a nano SIM for a while as has the iPad and iPad Mini so there should be no problem getting hold of one.
13-09-2013 01:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

So I have a nano sim already then! I Have iPhone 4 and ipad2,3,4,5 or whatever version the last iteration was

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2013 01:51pm
Barton Evoque

if you have a iphone 4 you will have a micro sim,nano is smaller.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
13-09-2013 02:10pm
jitenc

I am sticking with Samsung s4 galaxy. What's the fuss with the iPhone? I have the iPhone 5 also. But it's in no way comparison to the Samsung. £700 for a phone? Not too overwhelmed with the upgrade unless if there's a major improvement.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
13-09-2013 07:57pm
m_101

I would definitely not bother with the 5c. It's basically a 5 which has a cheaper plastic back. Not worth it.
I've had ios7 on my iphone as a dev since the first beta, and apart from beta 2 which was buggy and we won't mention too much, it has continuously been pretty quick - the gold master which has just been released is lightning fast - like really really quick, especially compared to ios6.
I'm wondering whether to wait with my 4s which is still good enough, or to buy a cut-price new and unwanted upgrade iphone 5 for 300 quid off gumtree...

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
13-09-2013 09:37pm
Chrisr1806

(13-09-2013 07:57pm)jitenc Wrote:  I am sticking with Samsung s4 galaxy. What's the fuss with the iPhone? I have the iPhone 5 also. But it's in no way comparison to the Samsung. £700 for a phone? Not too overwhelmed with the upgrade unless if there's a major improvement.

+1 I love my Samsung S3. The only Apple product I own is an iPad, hopefully the next one will be a big improvement over the current ones, otherwise I will be going to Samsung.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
13-09-2013 10:07pm