babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
iPhone 5s - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: iPhone 5s (/Thread-iPhone-5s)

Pages: 1 2

iPhone 5s - XFullFatTim - 13-09-2013 09:57am

Just had an email from the Apple Store extolling the virtues of the new iPhone 5s and 5c...................... the only thing I see that are downers with it is that there is now an even smaller SIM card required - a nano sim instead of a micro sim. I wonder how many networks will have those available on launch day 20th September and also the old connection cable will not fit - it uses a "Lightening" connection and additional cables are a rip-off £25 each!
My trusty iPhone4 seems to be working well at the moment........ certainly not badly enough to justify the £700 asking price of a new iPhone!

RE: iPhone 5s - J77 - 13-09-2013 10:34am

Every network will have them, the iPhone 5 has used the nano sim since launch. Was looking to sell my 5 but I don't think there is much point at the moment in going for a 5s other than the internal workings and finger print recognition ios7 will just be the same on the 5.

RE: iPhone 5s - RRSteve - 13-09-2013 11:36am

Phone upgrade time for me is January. I have the 4s at the moment.

I'll probably go with the 5s. Anyone thinking about the plastic 5c?

RE: iPhone 5s - Barton Evoque - 13-09-2013 01:14pm

Nano sim card is no problem.all you need is a sim cutter off ebay.very easy to cut one down.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NANO-SIM-CARD-CUTTER-FOR-iPHONE-5-3-ADAPTORS-for-REGULAR-MICRO-TO-NANO-/310665628009?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item48551d4969

RE: iPhone 5s - Hudreed - 13-09-2013 01:32pm

O2 (and most other providers) have them available when you get the phone, sometimes they are even in the box. All you need to do is pair the nano sim to your number which can take a bit of time.

iPhone has used a nano SIM for a while as has the iPad and iPad Mini so there should be no problem getting hold of one.

RE: iPhone 5s - XFullFatTim - 13-09-2013 01:51pm

So I have a nano sim already then! I Have iPhone 4 and ipad2,3,4,5 or whatever version the last iteration was

RE: iPhone 5s - Barton Evoque - 13-09-2013 02:10pm

if you have a iphone 4 you will have a micro sim,nano is smaller.

RE: iPhone 5s - jitenc - 13-09-2013 07:57pm

I am sticking with Samsung s4 galaxy. What's the fuss with the iPhone? I have the iPhone 5 also. But it's in no way comparison to the Samsung. £700 for a phone? Not too overwhelmed with the upgrade unless if there's a major improvement.

RE: iPhone 5s - m_101 - 13-09-2013 09:37pm

I would definitely not bother with the 5c. It's basically a 5 which has a cheaper plastic back. Not worth it.
I've had ios7 on my iphone as a dev since the first beta, and apart from beta 2 which was buggy and we won't mention too much, it has continuously been pretty quick - the gold master which has just been released is lightning fast - like really really quick, especially compared to ios6.
I'm wondering whether to wait with my 4s which is still good enough, or to buy a cut-price new and unwanted upgrade iphone 5 for 300 quid off gumtree...

RE: iPhone 5s - Chrisr1806 - 13-09-2013 10:07pm

(13-09-2013 07:57pm)jitenc Wrote:  I am sticking with Samsung s4 galaxy. What's the fuss with the iPhone? I have the iPhone 5 also. But it's in no way comparison to the Samsung. £700 for a phone? Not too overwhelmed with the upgrade unless if there's a major improvement.

+1 I love my Samsung S3. The only Apple product I own is an iPad, hopefully the next one will be a big improvement over the current ones, otherwise I will be going to Samsung.