Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPhone 5 Bluetooth Streaming...
rhysadams

iPhone 5 Bluetooth Streaming...

Is it me or does bluetooth streaming not work now, just says cannot connect on the display!

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
02-10-2012 08:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: iPhone 5 Bluetooth Streaming...

edited.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 08:55pm by Barton Evoque.)
02-10-2012 08:43pm
Wistra

(02-10-2012 08:31pm)rhysadams Wrote:  Is it me or does bluetooth streaming not work now, just says cannot connect on the display!

Do you have an iPod connected in the car?
02-10-2012 09:39pm
Izzy

Works fine for me. Both the iPhone 4 and 5 are streaming pandora and library music without issue. Could you try re-pairing the device?
03-10-2012 02:09am
Coolbanana

I have an iTouch connected by cable and my iPhone 5 by Bluetooth, both working perfectly. I have the iPhone on by default to connect and play music via Bluetooth with no issues, display picks up the song etc. Calls working fine too.

If I use the iTouch for music the iPhone still does calls by Bluetooth and car display shows everything it should so all's well.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
03-10-2012 08:57am
rhysadams

Ok, so its getting a little furstrating now. Deleted the pairing and connected my iPhone back up. Bearing in mind no cable is connected between my iPhone and the RRE.

I select bluetooth, and then choose the device... comes up Rhys' iPhone. Says it cannot connect. Will take a screen shot next time. In my VW it works fine.

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
08-10-2012 10:52pm
mzn50

iPhone 5 works fine ..streaming and hooked up as well
I also have IOS 6 installed..

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

My Toy - Stealthy and Heavily mod'ed Porsche 997.2 C4S
Hers - Lexus RX350
09-10-2012 02:25am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Rhys have you told the phone the RRE's bluetooth password 2121

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-10-2012 09:04am
Land Rover Techy

(09-10-2012 09:04am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Rhys have you told the phone the RRE's bluetooth password 2121

Hi, this has been an issue and as there is no fix yet is becoming more aparant.
In some cars, depending on hardware and software installation into the car when built.

On some Evoques it is possible to have an ipod connected by the lead into the Ipod Port in the centre console in order to listen to music. It is also possible to then pair a bluetooth device Iphone Blackberry etc to the car as a phone.

If an iphone is used you do have the option to stream the music by bluetooth and this works ok. If then you wanted to switch back to Ipod music you just change the audio source by the touch screen display and it does so without problem

It has come to my and Land Rovers attention that this does not work on some cars. You are able to play audio off the Ipod Using the lead without problem. Alternatley you can stream from the Iphone.

If you try and do both it does not work. I have found that if you pair your phone and begin to stream your music by bluetooth its ok, as soon as you connect the ipod by lead it switches to the ipod and drops the bluetooth connection on the phone and even if you try to reselect the phone it does not work.

It is not apparant as to why this happens, as the sister company Jaguar XF has the same system and this works without fault.

Land Rover are investigating this issue so,,

All i can say is please be patent, as soon as there is a fix for this i will inform the relevant people..

Ask me, I may just know the answer !!
09-10-2012 08:03pm
rhysadams

I'll have a look at that, got no iPod plugged in but I have got a USB stick with movies plugged in so will try and remove that to see if it makes a difference.

09-10-2012 11:09pm