Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
dynamic plus seats again...
bell-auto-services

RE: dynamic plus seats again...

Its a very hard choise because from what i know most dealers when trading back in a car dont really value the extras that we got when it was new Sad

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
17-10-2011 08:04am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alex

I went for the plus not only for the additional comfort but also for the overall interior leather upgrade than what comes as standard with Dynamic. The other deciding factor was I did not like the fake leather dash that comes with the Dynamic, however Plus obviously upgrades this to the same standards (oxford soft leather) as the Prestige.

I agree it is costly, but if the Dynamic didn't come with perforated seats and a fake leather dash I probably would have not bothered with the upgrade.

If there was a better selection of colours other than just black or red, including maybe other interior trims or personalisation then I would definately say it's value for money, but none the less I still have gone for the upgrade.

I still have reservations based on a comment Tim mentioned in another thread saying there was 4" less leg room in the back with the Plus seats. I still will have to pop down to my dealers to compare the Plus and non Plus to put my mind at rest.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
17-10-2011 09:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not my comment Alex, I think it was CFJP.
Last week I had a 6ft2" tall rear seat passenger - even with my Plus style front seat right back at the end of the runner there was plenty of leg room according to the passenger - but it certainly didn't look like it! The Plus seat back is thicker for some reason but not 4" thicker.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-10-2011 10:04am
cjfp

Nope, not my comments on 4" !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-10-2011 10:13am
Alex

Looks I may have been worrying about nothing then!! Rolling Eyes

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
17-10-2011 10:21am
evoqueboy

The plus seats are very comfortable and they look great. I was wondering whether I had made the right choice at first and 100% believe that I have. All of my passengers have seemed to like them! The plus seats are also heated as there was a bit of a debate about whether they were or not!
17-10-2011 11:17am
Alex

How is the heating distributed on the seat?

In my current car it's just a single hot spot towards the rear end of the seat area (not sure on the technical name of this area but the place where your arse/buttocks sits!).

However with the Plus seats is the heat evenly distributed across the whole seated area, including back?

17-10-2011 01:13pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The back isn't heated which was a disappointment to me. The swab seems to be heated from the area you describe! 3 heat settings too.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2011 01:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-10-2011 01:39pm
Spiderman

I have both seat and back 3 stage heating in my standard Dynamics front seats, this was one of the 1st things my wife & I checked before driving away from the Dealership. I can't believe you don't get this as standard with the £3k upgrade seating!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
17-10-2011 01:55pm
Blackseries

(17-10-2011 09:00am)Alex Wrote:  I still have reservations based on a comment mentioned in another thread saying there was 4" less leg room in the back with the Plus seats.

That was my quote.
If you look at WhatCar? Magazine they did 2 comparisons RRE vs SUV's & RRE vs Coupes. Each with its own interior measurements. The Dynamic Plus seats appear to offer 4" less rear legroom compared to the Std Prestige seat.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
17-10-2011 02:03pm