Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dual a/c temp
cjfp

RE: dual a/c temp

From Manual - Note: The maximum possible temperature differential between the driver and passenger
settings is 4°C (7°F).

[but even that still isn't proof!]

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 05:23pm by cjfp.)
16-04-2012 04:52pm
Find all posts by this user
THEMACS

I cant believe that people have an issue with this!! They are a couple of inches apart and it is much better than having them linked then fart arsing around trying to change them independently, its the same system as my BMW, works well no issue. END OF!!!!!!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
16-04-2012 10:51pm
Biker

Even my Nissan does this and it not even a "Menu" feature, but a matter of pressing a button to link/unlink it.
Sounds very much like the story of the americans spending a few million in desiging a pen that can work in space with zero gravity. And the russians came along to overcome the same problem by using a pencil.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
16-04-2012 11:52pm
speary

(16-04-2012 01:47pm)benzina Wrote:  My sisters got a Audi Q5, and yes,although you can link them via the menu settings,but once done so, if you or your passenger accidentally adjust the passenger side dial,then they both become out of sync all over again from that point on,and you need to go back to the menu to do it all over again...thats annoying too.

You dont need the menu on the audi. Just press and hold the drivers temp button and the passenger temp will be synchronised until the passenger changes it

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
17-04-2012 08:30am
timslim

(16-04-2012 10:51pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I cant believe that people have an issue with this!! They are a couple of inches apart and it is much better than having them linked then fart arsing around trying to change them independently, its the same system as my BMW, works well no issue. END OF!!!!!!!!

+1

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
17-04-2012 08:33am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have owned 7 land and Range Rovers with dual zone air-con or climate and one that has next to no heating and air-con is flaps under the windscreen, none have had this linking facility. It isn't a problem and is one of those things that makes a Land Rover a Land Rover and not an Audi or a Merc. If it was such a huge issue I would have bought an Audi instead but it is a non-issue for me with such easy to use controls - anyway I never drive from the passenger seat so the temperature on that side doesn't matter to me, and I have no objection to a passenger controlling the temperature on their side so long as that, the seat settings and the seat heater are the only controls they touch.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 09:37am by XFullFatTim.)
17-04-2012 09:33am
Donny Dog

(17-04-2012 09:33am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I have owned 7 land and Range Rovers with dual zone air-con or climate and one that has next to no heating and air-con is flaps under the windscreen, none have had this linking facility. It isn't a problem and is one of those things that makes a Land Rover a Land Rover and not an Audi or a Merc. If it was such a huge issue I would have bought an Audi instead but it is a non-issue for me with such easy to use controls - anyway I never drive from the passenger seat so the temperature on that side doesn't matter to me, and I have no objection to a passenger controlling the temperature on their side so long as that, the seat settings and the seat heater are the only controls they touch.

Exactly! It is surely MORE sophisticated to have individual controls, not less.
17-04-2012 01:27pm
PhilSkill

Volvo's can be linked by pressing the buttons too.

But since i've never needed to change them and I don't want my passenger changing mine just because last time I used the control I linked them... so I like it the way it is.

They're a few inches apart it's not like the controls are on the opposing door handles!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-04-2012 01:55pm
deadliner

VolksWagen does it this way. Start car and both controls are in sync. If one operates only drivers side, they remain synced. If passenger control is operated they start to operate independently until next engine start. Easy and smart. No menu, no additional buttons. Pure beauty.

Dynamic TD4, Fuji White, Verve, automatic, privacy glass, style 4 19, rear cam, front-pdc, seat heating, adaptive xenons. (delivered 14.6.)
17-04-2012 02:44pm
ED209

Why would the driver care what temp the passenger is at anyway?

Surely its up to the passenger to sort their own temp?

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
17-04-2012 02:48pm
Thread Closed