Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Xenon delays
DynamicRRV

RE: Xenon delays

Mine has been put back a few days because of this problem.
24-09-2011 11:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bluebear

Spoke to my dealer yesterday and they tell me that my build and delivery date are unchanged thankfully (21/10 build, 3/11 delivery)

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
25-09-2011 01:24pm
caroline11000

I spoke to LR at the Southampton Boat Show yesterday about the xenons on Pure's and he said LR are going to remove xenons from all Pure orders (and refund the cost) for the foreseeable future! I am not happy to say the least! However when I e-mailed my dealer last week he said my order was still on time, but said nothing about the xenons being removed! Think I will ring LR tomorrow to see what is going on.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
25-09-2011 02:09pm
cjfp

How can bluebear have a build date later than my original date and yet I've been put back 4 weeks! (bluebear, nothing personal)

Caroline - that is not what the guy told me at the boat show - he said all existing orders would be delayed but fulfilled!

I will certainly be doing a bit more moaning tomorrow!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-09-2011 03:42pm
richardk

(25-09-2011 03:42pm)cjfp Wrote:  How can bluebear have a build date later than my original date and yet I've been put back 4 weeks! (bluebear, nothing personal)

Caroline - that is not what the guy told me at the boat show - he said all existing orders would be delayed but fulfilled!

I will certainly be doing a bit more moaning tomorrow!

That's why I pulled out: date changed from 23/09 to 23/12, when I'd placed a deposit on Jan 10 and order 04/04.
25-09-2011 03:48pm
EVO PUNDITT

I went to my dealer today (surprised they are open) to find out what the hell is going on and my salesman wasn't there,but the sales rep told me xenons had been removed from the pure. I'd have to speak to my salesman regarding my order, so will be onto him tomorrow.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
25-09-2011 04:42pm
Wicksy

(25-09-2011 04:42pm)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  I went to my dealer today (surprised they are open) to find out what the hell is going on and my salesman wasn't there,but the sales rep told me xenons had been removed from the pure. I'd have to speak to my salesman regarding my order, so will be onto him tomorrow.
I'm sure it will just be on very recent orders, Evo. As already said, I've had it confirmed that the xenons will be staying on my Pure
25-09-2011 04:59pm
bluebear

(25-09-2011 03:42pm)cjfp Wrote:  How can bluebear have a build date later than my original date and yet I've been put back 4 weeks! (bluebear, nothing personal)

cjfp, I know it's nothing personal, so no worries on that. It does appear to be a bit of a lottery and my dealer did say things could change. Having had my first real drive yesterday and being very, very impressed and excited it would be a bitter blow if it was delayed after such a long wait. The only change in my attitude would be having experienced it, I will wait if it is delayed whereas before yesterday I was thinking of defecting to an A5 Quattro or a Q5, but not any more.

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
25-09-2011 05:26pm
caroline11000

(25-09-2011 04:59pm)Wicksy Wrote:  
(25-09-2011 04:42pm)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  I went to my dealer today (surprised they are open) to find out what the hell is going on and my salesman wasn't there,but the sales rep told me xenons had been removed from the pure. I'd have to speak to my salesman regarding my order, so will be onto him tomorrow.
I'm sure it will just be on very recent orders, Evo. As already said, I've had it confirmed that the xenons will be staying on my Pure

It's not looking good - I hope you are right Wicksy - the guy from the boat show was adamunt they were removed from Pure's!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
25-09-2011 06:00pm
lulu101

(25-09-2011 06:00pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  
(25-09-2011 04:59pm)Wicksy Wrote:  

It's not looking good - I hope you are right Wicksy - the guy from the boat show was adamunt they were removed from Pure's!

I requested my Xenon's 8th September, but my dealer has not sent me a reviewed order, so have emailed him to chase him up, will let you know tomorrow! I will be quite mad if I have lost my Xenon's because he has been too slow to update my order! Sad

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
25-09-2011 06:22pm