Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Xenon delays
Evoqess

RE: Xenon delays

Vinny :
"When did Canada convert to kms anyway? thought you were still hanging in there with the good old imperial mile!!"
------------------------------------------------

Not sure about the metric conversion date Vinny (being a transplanted Aussie) - but definitely all distances here north of the border are in km. But we buy veggies by the pound, so the proximity to the US has an effect with some remnants of the imperial system.

Now back to the topic of delays. At this point, I'm afraid to call my dealer. No news is good news - and my Evoque has to traverse the Atlantic. Yikes!Confused

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
01-10-2011 07:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(01-10-2011 07:10am)Evoqess Wrote:  Now back to the topic of delays. At this point, I'm afraid to call my dealer. No news is good news - and my Evoque has to traverse the Atlantic. Yikes!Confused

Fingers crossed you don't get delayed Evoqess.

Is there anyone still waiting to go into build (with Xenons) that hasn't been delayed in the last couple of weeks? At least if we're all in the same boat we know it's really is a build issue and we're all affected!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-10-2011 10:16pm
Token

I went to the dealership this morning and asked them to check my build date...he mentioned the xenons and nervously went to check...he came back a few minutes later and confirmed my delivery date remains 2nd November.

Fingers crossed it sticks.

He did say there were loads of cars built and sitting there waiting for headlights.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
01-10-2011 10:45pm
PhilSkill

(01-10-2011 10:45pm)Token Wrote:  He did say there were loads of cars built and sitting there waiting for headlights.

That has to be a challenge for any photographers in the area... Smile

Good news for you Token

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-10-2011 10:56pm
mark_n

I think you'll find these cars are out of sight...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-10-2011 02:11am
Alex

Went to my dealer yesterday and he confirmed a slip to my order and it now arrives Dec 16th - so a 20 day shift from the 24th. Looks like I will have to update my signature.

On a positve note I'm looking at it as an early Christmas present. Also that means I can now collect the christmas tree in my old car before part exchange without messing up my new evque with pine needles everywhere!

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
02-10-2011 09:22am
Wicksy

(02-10-2011 09:22am)Alex Wrote:  Went to my dealer yesterday and he confirmed a slip to my order and it now arrives Dec 16th - so a 20 day shift from the 24th. Looks like I will have to update my signature.

On a positve note I'm looking at it as an early Christmas present. Also that means I can now collect the christmas tree in my old car before part exchange without messing up my new evque with pine needles everywhere!
Don't you think you'd be better off waiting an extra week and register a 2012 model? - mines due on December 9 but I'm going to wait just that little bit longer
02-10-2011 10:15am
Alex

(02-10-2011 10:15am)Wicksy Wrote:  Don't you think you'd be better off waiting an extra week and register a 2012 model? - mines due on December 9 but I'm going to wait just that little bit longer

I wasn't aware of that, but what is the cut off date between years? Also when you say wait a week what for registration would that not be done through dealer, or is it me at collection?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
02-10-2011 10:28am
kevoque

Don't get it registered on 24th as it would be on your documents as a 2011 model wait a week and get it registered on 1st jan 2012 and it will be a 2012 more money when trading in !!!
Kev
02-10-2011 10:54am
JRL2W

Not sure if dealers will permit delaying registration, once they have model delivered. Something a LR dealer told me when my D4 arrived on 4th December (was due 27th) it had to be registered asap, to boost that years sales figures.

Worth a try thoughTwisted Evil

5 door Pure SD4 auto in Firenze Red with Tech and Style packs + Bi Xenons.
GOT IT, AT LAST ! Very Happy
4 x 4 x Really Far!
02-10-2011 04:00pm