Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Xenon delays
vinny

RE: Xenon delays

(28-09-2011 07:32am)Evoqess Wrote:  
(27-09-2011 09:31pm)J77 Wrote:  4yrs Shocked

Um, it's a Canadian thing I guess.
4 years or 80,000 km. Seems to be industry standard here.

http://www.landrover.com/ca/en/rr/owners...-benefits/

I'll keep it to myself next time Wink

Suppose 80,000kms is only 50,000 miles so uk is still a better deal for the higher mileage drivers.
When did Canada convert to kms anyway? thought you were still hanging in there with the good old imperial mile!!

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
28-09-2011 10:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoque U

Hi guys I was at the Halewood factory today and asked 5 different people about the xenons and if there were any delays, all of them answered not as far as they are aware. Nothing was holding production up, all cars were still proceeding in there current build slot and if there were any missing parts they would be put on at the end of it rolling off the production line.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
28-09-2011 10:16pm
Carlos

Anyone form LR can give a light on this? I think that nobody is telling the truth
28-09-2011 11:06pm
3VOQU3

I was just called by my dealership,

My Jan delivered car is now Feb delivered.. Reason i was given was that no xenons for November build.. so it had to be pushed back to December build..

Mine was optioned up Pure tho.. maybe if they are standard they are going ahead as usual

Why dont Land Rover respect their clientel and actually let people know whast going on?
30-09-2011 04:54am
Alex

I wouldn't necessarily blame LR but would say dealers could have a hand in the misinformation. However this forum is bridging feedback on issues from a multitude of sources so it doesn't surprise me that there are some anomalies.

There is obviously an issue with production (ref xenons), but from my point of view I do not think it matters that we need a full mitigation plan on how LR plans to resolve in house technical issues but just simply either an apology from the dealer if our order has shifted and confirmation as to when we will receive our vehicle.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
30-09-2011 07:04am
blacktrees1

I had build date of 9th December and now it is 6th January........

Delivered : SD4 Prestige / LUX / 5 Door / Manual / Orkney Grey / Vibe / Privacy / Style 7 Shadow Chrome / Ordered April 2011 / Built 9th Jan / Delivered 18th Jan Smile
30-09-2011 10:20pm
PhilSkill

(30-09-2011 10:20pm)blacktrees1 Wrote:  I had build date of 9th December and now it is 6th January........

Yep Mine was originally supposed to go into build today... now it's 5 weeks later Sad

The piece of string just got longer....

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-09-2011 10:41pm
Daigriff

[quote='PhilSkill'

Yep Mine was originally supposed to go into build today... now it's 5 weeks later :(

The piece of string just got longer....
[/quote]

I just don't understand it, how can some orders like ours suddenly drop 5 weeks... 1 or 2 weeks maybe but why 5...it just doesn't make sense. I hope the dealers aren't taking the p**s.

Really annoyed!!

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
30-09-2011 11:33pm
PhilSkill

(30-09-2011 11:33pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I just don't understand it, how can some orders like ours suddenly drop 5 weeks... 1 or 2 weeks maybe but why 5...it just doesn't make sense. I hope the dealers aren't taking the p**s.

Really annoyed!!

It is a concern and no reason offered as yet, if it was just down to a supply of xenons surely 70% of orders would be delayed which would be a disaster for LR, and I can understand production lines working in batches but not a batch every month! So I dont get it either,
I would like to think its not down to foul play by dealers or LR themselves and they will honour orders in a timely way and its just genuine teething problems, but its hard to take when the cars are coming through and I paid deposit and ordered pretty damn early.

I saw a trailer load on the M25 and did wonder did they get ordered before mine?

I'm really looking forward to getting mine, knew there would likely be problems, and am determined not to let this spoil the experience... but... come on LR.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-10-2011 12:23am
Rehan

My build date is 14th october for 5dr dynamic firenze red. Not heard from dealer as yet, dreading the call as most peoples orders have been delayed by atleast 4 weeks.
01-10-2011 01:31am