Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Wobble on colour choice
mark_n

RE: Wobble on colour choice

I have not regretted red for one instant, love it. Agree the baltic blue is a bit drab but there are so many white cars out there, you might want to dare to be different.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
20-05-2012 10:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

I would leave the "Doom Blue" alone, if you want dark go for black! The lighter colours show the lines off much better, that's why OG works so well, in the flesh it is Great. My wife and I saw a few different coloured Evoques yesterday and both said we definitely made the right choice, we would have been Gutted if we kept with our first choice, Chav White!!Laughing

We like the Black and Firenze too, but it's all about personal choices, I for one, want OG discontinuing now Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 11:02pm by THEMACS.)
20-05-2012 10:27pm
Griff449

Lol all good feedback Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
20-05-2012 10:55pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

My choices were Mauritius blue, Fuji white or Colima lime. I think theses three colours are the best for the Evoque, seems to show it off more. I stuck with the white (previous Fl2 was also white) as I prefer the simplicity of it. No matter what colour you choose the car will look good.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
20-05-2012 11:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Dare to be really different and if you are not worried about trade in values when that time comes go for Baltic or Colima or Havana. In my personal opinion (worth not much!) lighter brighter colours suit the car's design better than dark ones that hide most of the styling highlights. I wouldn't ever have a black RRE, it makes them almost invisible!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-05-2012 10:01am
chiggy

(21-05-2012 10:01am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Dare to be really different and if you are not worried about trade in values when that time comes go for Baltic or Colima or Havana. In my personal opinion (worth not much!) lighter brighter colours suit the car's design better than dark ones that hide most of the styling highlights. I wouldn't ever have a black RRE, it makes them almost invisible!

I think the same too. I think the car loses its edge when its all black - especially the dynamic.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-05-2012 10:10am
Rossy100

Wobble on colour choice

I honestly don't think there is a bad colour choice for the Evoque.... but I tend to agree that on a black dynamic the black trim parts get a little lost. This was main reason I changed to OG (having previously been dead set on Barolo).... As well as the fear of forever noticing scuffs and scratches (black shows everything!)

Go with what your heart says! With all the anticipation and excitement that comes with ordering you would hate to order a different colour only to then see a car in the colour you wanted originally and have regrets!!
21-05-2012 10:17am
Griff449

I've caved in and changed to white with 19" Style 5 wheels to go with it Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
21-05-2012 02:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ianpembs

Well done sure you ll be pleased I know the dilemma think it goes with the wait, I m going for a OG prestige but overdosed on looking at models in that colour and now thinking of switching to Mauritius Blue, they all look great however it seems certain colours work on different models IMHO I saw a Pure in Baltic Blue which on the Pure was not as nice as the white due to the contasts of grill etc but the more colour combos I see the more confusing it gets. Enjoy it when it comes mine also due in Aug/ Sept god knows what colour yet the jury is out.
21-05-2012 04:21pm
J77

(21-05-2012 02:29pm)Griff449 Wrote:  I've caved in and changed to white with 19" Style 5 wheels to go with it Smile

Welcome to the flock Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-05-2012 04:24pm