Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Width..
VF

Width..

Hi - Is anyone else concerned about the width of the evoque?

I have one on order, but I am a little worried that it's (just) wider than a range rover sport? I have ordered the surround cameras and park assist, but think I might struggle in central London (where I live)...currently driving a fiat 500, so it's going to be a big change.

Did anyone who has driven it so far, struggle with narrow gaps, parking etc? Is the visibility and the ability to place it on the road good?

Many Thanks,
VF
25-08-2011 08:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

RE: Width..

Its all good dont worry,not much slimmer than a Full Fat though!
25-08-2011 08:58pm
Token

Never had a problem with my full fat Range so don't worry...

Girth is good

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
25-08-2011 09:19pm
abcya

It was fine when driving Round west London passing parked cars on residential roads etc) and getting into the Westfield car park. Getting into a standard garage door opening will be a bit more of a squeeze than I'm used to. The car is 1,965mm with mirrors folded (just over 6' 5") so 6'6" width restrictions could be a challenge!
25-08-2011 09:22pm
mark_n

There are a number of width restrictions in London - 6ft 6 - which the car will not fit through, certainly without risking the wheels. This is the widest car most of us will have ever driven and care is essential until you are used to it. It will fit through my garage doors with only a couple of inches either side. I think we'll see a lot of posts from people who have scraped their wheels and door mirrors...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
25-08-2011 09:23pm
mortz

(25-08-2011 09:23pm)mark_n Wrote:  There are a number of width restrictions in London - 6ft 6 - which the car will not fit through, certainly without risking the wheels. This is the widest car most of us will have ever driven and care is essential until you are used to it. It will fit through my garage doors with only a couple of inches either side. I think we'll see a lot of posts from people who have scraped their wheels and door mirrors...

Same width as the freelander from wheel to wheel ...cannot remember a time when we refurbed one of them...seen loads of RRS wheels being scuffed
25-08-2011 09:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It had better be narrower than any of the other Land /Range Rovers because that is one reason why I'm buying it - because according to the spec sheet, mirrors folded it will fit through my garage door whereas none of the other Land Rovers will - either they are too wide or too high!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-08-2011 09:47pm
Wackyjim

(25-08-2011 09:47pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  It had better be narrower than any of the other Land /Range Rovers because that is one reason why I'm buying it - because according to the spec sheet, mirrors folded it will fit through my garage door whereas none of the other Land Rovers will - either they are too wide or too high!

Tim I guess you will just have to make it fit....otherwise your next 4x4 may have to be a Fiat Panda!!!!!Laughing

Currently have a FFRR 4.4 TDV8 which I am keeping...now waiting for Dynamic Evoque in Fuji white with a couple of extras!!!!....wife thinks its for her and so does my secretary LaughingLaughing
25-08-2011 09:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It will save me having to have a garage sale Jim if it doesn't fit - 15 years of cars too large to go in the garage means it has become a junk store........ selling 3 complete sets of wheels and tyres in the last 2 weeks has meant I can see some daylight at the other end, now there are 4 windsurfers, 15 sails, 5 masts, 5 booms, 4 boxes of associated windsurfing junk as well as assorted gardening stuff (2 lawn mowers and a rotavator!) as well as an Ivor Williams trailer to get out of there before the car will get in!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-08-2011 10:00pm
Wackyjim

(25-08-2011 10:00pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  It will save me having to have a garage sale Jim if it doesn't fit - 15 years of cars too large to go in the garage means it has become a junk store........ selling 3 complete sets of wheels and tyres in the last 2 weeks has meant I can see some daylight at the other end, now there are 4 windsurfers, 15 sails, 5 masts, 5 booms, 4 boxes of associated windsurfing junk as well as assorted gardening stuff (2 lawn mowers and a rotavator!) as well as an Ivor Williams trailer to get out of there before the car will get in!

Jeepers Shocked..sounds a bit like the tardis!!!

Currently have a FFRR 4.4 TDV8 which I am keeping...now waiting for Dynamic Evoque in Fuji white with a couple of extras!!!!....wife thinks its for her and so does my secretary LaughingLaughing
25-08-2011 10:04pm