Poll: Would you remap your Evoque?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Who is gonna re-map their evoque then?
bell-auto-services

RE: Who is gonna re-map their evoque then?

How can the advise of not remapping a car being the safest option to maintain warranty be called fraud ?

Regarding the power figures I know where and how it's made but I was trying to keep it simple for the forum members, though it's nice you added a more complex answer for those who wish to read it.

Pete.

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 07:24pm by bell-auto-services.)
30-09-2011 07:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Clearly, swapping the ECU back to stock in the event of an engine warranty claim to disguise the true operation of the engine prior to the failure would constitute a fraudulent warranty claim.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
30-09-2011 07:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gomark

@mark_n I hear you buddy but no one is saying you to do this. Its personal choice as is buying aftermarket wheels to put winter tyres on which would invalidate warranty if you did not swap them over before a service. Same effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30-09-2011 07:38pm
mark_n

Hardly.

Mark

30-09-2011 08:09pm
gomark

Each to there own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30-09-2011 09:17pm
doug

Bell auto,
All this talk & no one has asked about the price.

What is the cost to have a SD4 remapped please.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
30-09-2011 10:45pm
andyuk

'Superchip' have quoted me £435 but not yet received Bell Auto's price.

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
30-09-2011 10:49pm
mark_n

(30-09-2011 09:17pm)gomark Wrote:  Each to there own

Each to their own

Mark

30-09-2011 11:49pm
Spiderman

(30-09-2011 05:35pm)andyuk Wrote:  Thanks bell-auto for the input.

It is very tempting with the supposed figures being banded about but I dunno about someone fiddling with the engine on a brand new £40k car.

I have also had an email back from superchips & they claim it will be totally transparent to LR so would have no issues at all & they also supply a full engine warranty & will also redo it free of charge if LR happen to reflash the car for any reason.

I have never ever done this before so are there any people out who have done this before & what are your experiences from it? Have there been any problems? Have you noticed a massive differencein performance? Does it effect the engine in any way at all being retuned like this?

Lots of questions!

My RRS & Disco3 had Superchip remaps & there was a marked midrange improvement, which totally transformed their performance beyond belief, seamless power delivery and masses of overtaking ability.

However, you must read the Superchips's warranty small print & satisfy yourself as their warranty is not as straight forward as you'd 1st think!

Also, it will place a strain on the engine/drivetrain which overtime could prove costly to the current owner...And forget any claims re increased mpg, I never saw any!

Caveat as always is 'buyer beware', I was aware and very happy to have this done to those two vehicles, however, I would not be in a rush to have this done on my Evoque as it's a different kind of animal that's swift enough as standard!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
01-10-2011 12:11am
bell-auto-services

(30-09-2011 10:49pm)andyuk Wrote:  'Superchip' have quoted me £435 but not yet received Bell Auto's price.

Hi Andy

Im really not sure yet on the final price but i think it will be slightly more than Superchips quote as with the D4 i do. This is only down to developement costs and time spent on the dyno at my end.

The D4 on my site is currently 499 for the low power car and 550 for the high power car. Im thinking i will need to keep the Evoque to the same price as that for the 1st stage on each model, but as said its not final yet.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
01-10-2011 07:53am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply