Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Which cherished plate?
Firenze

RE: Which cherished plate?

After a bit of advice about transfering my plate to my Evoque (due march) is it better to put it on retention then let dealer put it on the Evoque from day one or get the Evoque with the 12 plate on it then transfer mine to it?

I've previously just transfered from one car to another so saving on the retention fee.

The only thing I thought was if I do it myself I will already have the 12 plate to put back on when I sell it (hopefully not for a few years-fingers crossed it will be reliable!)

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
12-01-2012 07:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Transfer it, you pay £80 to put it on retention.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-01-2012 10:07pm
bangingmegums

Just got my personal plate on my baby RR & ive received tons of interest & ive even had 3 offers for a sale, I know it's illegal because of spacing of letters & letter font also, but I'm chuffed it adds a special touch to my new car Car private plate is EV09UED
07-05-2017 10:55am
Donny Dog

(12-01-2012 07:53pm)Firenze Wrote:  After a bit of advice about transfering my plate to my Evoque (due march) is it better to put it on retention then let dealer put it on the Evoque from day one or get the Evoque with the 12 plate on it then transfer mine to it?

I've previously just transfered from one car to another so saving on the retention fee.

The only thing I thought was if I do it myself I will already have the 12 plate to put back on when I sell it (hopefully not for a few years-fingers crossed it will be reliable!)

You don't necessarily get the old number back. I did this last week and got an entirely different registration number.
07-05-2017 01:57pm