Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Which cherished plate?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Which cherished plate?

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed I have several plates on retention but wonder which to put on the Evoque:
P13 MUD isn't that suitable but I have P12 MUD on my Defender90
FA57 RRE is a bit naff on such a noticable car
but I fancy FA57 RRS as would certainly wind up the RRS guys, seeing as the Evoque SD4 is faster to 60 than the TDV6 3.0litre.............. (Ok it's a hardly noticable 0.8secs but .....)

If I take a standard plate then LPR's local tax office uses plates that start with LR......... LR61 RRE??
MY61 RRE is still available at the DVLA website but £815.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2011 01:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-08-2011 12:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoqueboy

RE: Which cherished plate?

Go with FA57 RRS. I'm also in a dilemma about which plate to put on. I just bought another from the last Dvla online auction so will probably put that one on.
06-08-2011 01:29pm
Urban Splash

The term 'cherished plate' makes me wanna throw up. 'cherished' give me a break!!

Surely a 'normal' plate is much cooler.....

I must be on the wrong forum here...

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
06-08-2011 09:33pm
Blackseries

(06-08-2011 09:33pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  The term 'cherished plate' makes me wanna throw up. 'cherished' give me a break!!

Surely a 'normal' plate is much cooler.....

I must be on the wrong forum here...

I think the one thing we all should have learnt over the past few weeks regarding discussions on this forum about external colours, interiors, choice of options, wheels .....even tyres .......is that everybody has a view and at some point in time those views will be different to everyone else’s ..... and thank goodness they are otherwise we would all be driving around in the same coloured car with the same options.

I suppose it depends on what you see a forum like this for. I would like to think of it as a place where a group of diverse people, brought together with a common interest, are able to talk openly without judgement or name calling to help each other make choices and enjoy the whole ownership / purchase experience.

I feel the most important word in that last sentence is enjoy.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 06:11pm by Blackseries.)
07-08-2011 12:01am
XFullFatTim

Urban was expressing his opinion, I'm not in the least worried by his comments - it's all part of joining in on a public forum, you open yourself up to ridicule by some for not having the same views as them, it's part of life.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 09:28am by XFullFatTim.)
07-08-2011 09:25am
Urban Splash

Apologies FFT. I had meant no offence. On reflection, my comments were misguided and foolish.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
07-08-2011 10:43am
ED209

I think thos "FA57" plates will look chav, Range rovers and Range Rover sports already have an image problem due to tsteless mods and terrible plates put on by some owners. We could all do without the evoque being damaged in a similar fashion. I suspect this will happen though.

I fully expect to see evoques in the pistonheads "chav numberplates" thread.

Please either get a good one (2/3 letters then a number) or just get a standard plate.
07-08-2011 10:49am
XFullFatTim

No problems mate - I know that a lot of folks think personalised plates are naff - the American name for them is probably more appropraite than ours - Vanity Plates!

07-08-2011 10:50am
vinny

Anyway you have until the new '12' plate comes out to fit your personal/cherished plate if the people in my estate are anything to go by!
Every time they buy a new car they drive about with the latest prefix plate that came with the vehicle then the very day the next new prefix comes out their plate suddenly changes to their personal plate so nobody knows they are driving an 'old' car.
We find it very funny but sad at the same time,having said that I would still have one if i could find an affordable good one!

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
07-08-2011 12:51pm
XFullFatTim

A nice plate from DVLA select need not cost anymore than one of the optional extras on your car's spec sheet as DVLA sells them starting at £280 inc VAT and the transfer fee.

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 01:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-08-2011 01:43pm