Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When did you get your build date?
Daglass

When did you get your build date?

Just wondering when users received their build date after ordering?
I placed my order last weekend but received no build date, is this normal?

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
19-10-2011 09:28am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: When did you get your build date?

Dude I've ordered in January, still no build date.
Picking a good dealer is important...

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
19-10-2011 09:53am
mk82

(19-10-2011 09:53am)vision*R Wrote:  Dude I've ordered in January, still no build date.
Picking a good dealer is important...
Evoque TD4 5d Prestige / Fuji White / ETA somewhere around 2018 maybe?

LaughingLaughingLaughing

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
19-10-2011 12:37pm
ED209

I ordered in june, i know I am on the thext batch of order dealer will be putting through. I estimate this might be late november. Hopefully will have a build date then.
19-10-2011 01:14pm
WorldTraveler

I ordered in July, no build date yet, in fact not even a call from the dealer or letter from JLR !! I did go into the dealer last weekend to try and find out more info, was dressed a bit scruffy, jeans, T-Shirt, 5 days Stubble, was completly ignored for 30 min, gave up and walked out ....

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
20-10-2011 07:14am
caroline11000

I paid deposit 1st April. I placed my order with my dealer on 13th May, but my dealer didn't place my order with LR until 2nd July which is when I got my build date of 28th October (I hope!)

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
20-10-2011 10:02am
DDX

Caroline, my build date was also 28/10/11, called our dealer yesterday and was told now 28/11/11. So frustrating.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
20-10-2011 01:21pm
DynamicRRV

My build date was 28th sept. it's ready for collection Saturday morning!!
20-10-2011 01:56pm
PhilSkill

In June my dealer contacted me to finialize the order (as we agreed they would at deposit time in April) and based on the choice of model I was ordering, found an available slot for expected build Sept 30th.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-10-2011 02:07pm
hybris

I put the order in September with my local dealer in Sweden. They had November build slots available. Then the delayed info. Now when I talk to the Nordic importer and my dealer there is no Vista info as they have not been able to put the order to the factory/LR. I don't know if they even tried... Maybe they used their slots to order Pure evokes without xenon? So currently I have no Vista info as the order has not been laid in the factory and no info on when but that LR will probably get things working in January.

I would like to get some info from you guys that know how the Landrover ordering process work. If the above info means that I will be March/May or similar I will cancel for sure. I need to understand what I can expect!

With BMW I know the day and hour I will get my car when I order. As with Germans they have always delivered on time or earlier. Don't need to spend my time hunting sellers, importers or manufacturer. So far this is by far the worst experience I have had post sales ever!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
20-10-2011 02:57pm