babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
When did you get your build date? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: When did you get your build date? (/Thread-When-did-you-get-your-build-date)

Pages: 1 2

When did you get your build date? - Daglass - 19-10-2011 09:28am

Just wondering when users received their build date after ordering?
I placed my order last weekend but received no build date, is this normal?

RE: When did you get your build date? - vision*R - 19-10-2011 09:53am

Dude I've ordered in January, still no build date.
Picking a good dealer is important...

RE: When did you get your build date? - mk82 - 19-10-2011 12:37pm

(19-10-2011 09:53am)vision*R Wrote:  Dude I've ordered in January, still no build date.
Picking a good dealer is important...
Evoque TD4 5d Prestige / Fuji White / ETA somewhere around 2018 maybe?

LaughingLaughingLaughing

RE: When did you get your build date? - ED209 - 19-10-2011 01:14pm

I ordered in june, i know I am on the thext batch of order dealer will be putting through. I estimate this might be late november. Hopefully will have a build date then.

RE: When did you get your build date? - WorldTraveler - 20-10-2011 07:14am

I ordered in July, no build date yet, in fact not even a call from the dealer or letter from JLR !! I did go into the dealer last weekend to try and find out more info, was dressed a bit scruffy, jeans, T-Shirt, 5 days Stubble, was completly ignored for 30 min, gave up and walked out ....

RE: When did you get your build date? - caroline11000 - 20-10-2011 10:02am

I paid deposit 1st April. I placed my order with my dealer on 13th May, but my dealer didn't place my order with LR until 2nd July which is when I got my build date of 28th October (I hope!)

RE: When did you get your build date? - DDX - 20-10-2011 01:21pm

Caroline, my build date was also 28/10/11, called our dealer yesterday and was told now 28/11/11. So frustrating.

RE: When did you get your build date? - DynamicRRV - 20-10-2011 01:56pm

My build date was 28th sept. it's ready for collection Saturday morning!!

RE: When did you get your build date? - PhilSkill - 20-10-2011 02:07pm

In June my dealer contacted me to finialize the order (as we agreed they would at deposit time in April) and based on the choice of model I was ordering, found an available slot for expected build Sept 30th.

RE: When did you get your build date? - hybris - 20-10-2011 02:57pm

I put the order in September with my local dealer in Sweden. They had November build slots available. Then the delayed info. Now when I talk to the Nordic importer and my dealer there is no Vista info as they have not been able to put the order to the factory/LR. I don't know if they even tried... Maybe they used their slots to order Pure evokes without xenon? So currently I have no Vista info as the order has not been laid in the factory and no info on when but that LR will probably get things working in January.

I would like to get some info from you guys that know how the Landrover ordering process work. If the above info means that I will be March/May or similar I will cancel for sure. I need to understand what I can expect!

With BMW I know the day and hour I will get my car when I order. As with Germans they have always delivered on time or earlier. Don't need to spend my time hunting sellers, importers or manufacturer. So far this is by far the worst experience I have had post sales ever!