Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
Craig_d1

RE: What's wrong with yours?

(07-06-2014 04:17pm)chani1312 Wrote:  I just sold mine to landrover yesterday. Never again. The evoque by far is a rubbish build. Does not deserve the range rover badge.

So what went wrong for such a quick turnaround?
08-06-2014 08:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chani1312

What went wrong. Ever panel inside the car creaked and rattled. I would take it to land rover and they would say it's fixed. The next day it's all rattling again.

There was a problem with the battery. Every other day it would say not charging. Took it to landrover and they said no faults so I took a picture of the sign on my phone to show THEM LOOK IT BLOODY IS FAULTY.

For 6 months of having it, it just got too much and the diesel has too much lag. A 2.0tdi vag engine is much better.

I would only go back to landrover once the engines and built in house and the evoque is given more emphasis on quality.

At the moment it is just not at all worth of the range rover badge.

I did my offroading day in a range rover sport amazing car in water rock stone gravel, not a single rattle in the cabin. The drive home in my evoque. Of a flat surface. Motorway.

Well rattle galore.

Don't get me wrong, the car is good but just isn't worth what they charge us.

I'm moving back to Audi.

Worthy*
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 09:18pm by chani1312.)
08-06-2014 09:17pm
fam1x

I got used to DAB radio not work I have been using analogue since I've had the car....Is it to late to take it in for them to fix? When I say not working is purely random when it decides to work, therefore I took it as a signal issue or lack off.

Other than that its been pretty good happy with the car Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 10:38am by fam1x.)
09-06-2014 10:36am
buckiebabyrr

(09-06-2014 10:36am)fam1x Wrote:  I got used to DAB radio not work I have been using analogue since I've had the car....Is it to late to take it in for them to fix? When I say not working is purely random when it decides to work, therefore I took it as a signal issue or lack off.

Do you not get any DAB radio at all? I live in a rural area and i dont pick up a very good DAB signal every so often the signal drops out then comes back in again.

Car history so far......
2005 Vauxhall corsa sxi
2007 Vauxhall corsa vxr
2008 Vauxhall astra nurbergring vxr
2013 Ford focus st3
2014 Cool - MY2014 9 speed auto,Si4 engine,Dynamic,Fuji white,Santorini roof,Black design pack,Heated steering wheel,Lunar/ivory interior,Privacy glass
09-06-2014 03:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You have until Jan 2015 Fam1x if you want the dealer to have a look under warranty. I live out in the sticks and in my last FFRR I had DAB and it was hopeless as soon as I left town/ built up areas but both my Evoques have had brilliant DAB reception. Unlike previous cars, in both Evoques I have been able to drive the London to Glasgow motorways without loss of signal yet on FM there were areas of no reception on the M74
coming up through the Clyde Valley and over Beattock - not in the Evoque on DAB. We have a tiny area locally where I cannot get it at all but that is in a winding valley near to Glasgow and then it's only for about 3 minutes/ 0.5 miles of travel!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-06-2014 04:31pm
m_101

Have to say my DAB has also been pretty much perfect - I did have a sat nav issue which the dealers eventually fixed by replacing the module and I agree mine has had a fair few rattles which the dealers have been unable to sort out. I can't really personally afford to get rid of it anytime soon and anyway can't think of anything else that I would rather have apart from a new RRS which is significantly more expensive.
I'm keeping mine for the next few years hopefully, but I do think that once it's out of warranty I'm getting it remapped.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
09-06-2014 09:37pm
PhilSkill

(09-06-2014 10:36am)fam1x Wrote:  I got used to DAB radio not work I have been using analogue since I've had the car....Is it to late to take it in for them to fix? When I say not working is purely random when it decides to work, therefore I took it as a signal issue or lack off.

Yes fam1x get it reported to your dealer and preferably fixed under warranty before your 3 years is up. My DAB has been brilliant, never used FM, and drive quite a bit of rural-ish areas.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-06-2014 11:48am
droyer

It would be easier to list what went right with mine. Bought an Evoque brand new in 2012, and had the following problems:

Cylinder misfire
4 times in the garage, and still, the engine light came back this morning. They changed the injectors, pumps, name it. Problem still there.

Differential
Came in the garage for a weird metal grinding noise under the car. Land Rover told me it was because of my winter tires. One week later, came back again, the differential, or drivetrain was faulty and they had to replace it.

Wheel bearings
Came in for a weird noise on the left front tire. Land Rover told me my brakes were done, paid over 1000$ to get all new brakes. 2 weeks later, same noise was still there, went back. LR had to change a wheel bearing, broke the axel during the repair and ended up with a new axel and new bearings.

Minor issues
Vibration noise right speaker, went to the garage twice to get it fixed. Trunk not closing when pressing the button. Got fog (condensation) in one rear light.

It is unacceptable for a car of that price to be in the garage for warranty work more than 10 times, and for major issues. Even after talking a few times with my dealership, they won't do anything to fix my problem (let's face it, they sold me a lemon). They just keep repairing it and the problems just keep showing up.

All in all, I'm done with Land Rover and/or Jaguar, and the specific dealership and its affiliates.
17-06-2014 05:52pm
Jeroma

I have my car now for 6 month and 7k miles, one trip to S of France and no major problems. It's an Eco version so I do not expect fantastic accelleration figures. Compared to my Renault Koleos also 150hp the engine is rather sluggish, but's an ECO version so what, fuel consumption is very good and it gives me 600 miles on a tank.

The only, very annoying feature is the cruise control. The switches are located in an impossible position and I have to apply the switch up to 5 times to get a reaction, very nasty if you want to slow down behind traffic.
I mentioned it to the dealer, but they could not find any fault recording. I guess if the switch itself does not work there will be no fault displayed as no signal is transmitted to the ECU. Wise men, what's your opinion

Jean

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
17-06-2014 08:19pm
CB17

Just got a '14 Dynamic...put 100 miles on and now it's in the shop with a leaking differential and rear heated seat light keeps coming on every time I start the vehicle. Sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come???
18-06-2014 02:30am