Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is it like to replace a FFRR with an Evoque?
Claud

What is it like to replace a FFRR with an Evoque?

I have had the call from the dealer. My order for an SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door is due in around Christmas!

I intend to trade in my 2007 Vogue SE, I am getting a good price so it seems to make sense.

I wish to know owners perceptions of the differences between the cars. There are some obvious differences around dimensions. So here goes. The FFRR has a presence on the road few other cars match, it also gives a feeling of safety and security that goes with any large luxury car. I know it is possible to drive huge distances in it with minimal fatigue. The view around you is very good and as Land Rover describes has a command driving position.

Will I or my passenger, Mrs Claud, miss those perceptions, or will I get such a sense of well being in the Evoque I will not notice.

Toys I know I will miss are remote operated Webasto heater, great for frosty mornings, air conditioned seats for those few baking hot days we get and variable height suspension (for cleaning under the arches!)Laughing

What do other current and past FFRR owners think?

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
10-12-2011 07:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martynk

RE: What is it like to replace a FFRR with an Evoque?

I had a FFRR Vogue, with about a 6 month gap to the Evoque, and for me the RRE is like a mini FFRR but with better economy and technology. There is usually only me and my partner most of the time, so size wise its ideal.

Very happy with the change, no plans to swap it out for a FFRR as yet !
10-12-2011 08:58pm
Claud

(10-12-2011 08:58pm)Martynk Wrote:  I had a FFRR Vogue, with about a 6 month gap to the Evoque, and for me the RRE is like a mini FFRR but with better economy and technology. There is usually only me and my partner most of the time, so size wise its ideal.

Very happy with the change, no plans to swap it out for a FFRR as yet !
That is very encouraging, I hope we feel the same....

Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
10-12-2011 09:13pm
The Valeter

I,ve never owned a big Range Rover and the only experience I have with the them is cleaning the things.
Not that I could afford one anyway but I know which one I would sooner have if I did have the money, the big one is too old fashioned. I do agree it is a lovely piece of kit but even if I had an open cheque book the Evoque is all round so much nicer.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
10-12-2011 09:31pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
anton

Being an ex RRS driver now gone to an Evoque the one thing i do miss is the commanding driving position and road presence,but now in the Evoque i get people looking and pointing at me and also driving up my vehicles behind just to get a better look at it.
10-12-2011 09:47pm
lrdaft

I have had both a sport and a full fat ,whatever I seem to have I always want the other! Now I have the evoque ,I don't find myself looking at sports anymore but really miss the space and the driving experience of the tdv8 full fat, if the mpg does not increase then I may return back to full fat again next year.

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
10-12-2011 11:17pm
Claud

(10-12-2011 11:17pm)lrdaft Wrote:  I have had both a sport and a full fat ,whatever I seem to have I always want the other! Now I have the evoque ,I don't find myself looking at sports anymore but really miss the space and the driving experience of the tdv8 full fat, if the mpg does not increase then I may return back to full fat again next year.

This is what I fear I might conclude. If I go back I would aim for a used next generation model 2013/14 with hopefully better reliability and fuel economy.

2010 Freelander SD4
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
11-12-2011 12:09am
Evoqess

What's it like? Well, from the odd comment on this forum it seems it's just brilliant (......news for your dealer that is). He will certainly enjoy making a profit on your current trade, then on the Evoque when you trade it in for a large RR down the line. I'm not so sure that those of you with prior purchases made in the belief that bigger is better and wanting that "presence" (largely ignored by the road users that see such large vehicles as utter excess in urban settings) will be satisfied by the Evoque.
Although I'd be more than elated to be proved wrong!

The truth is, the Evoque is plenty big! You sit higher than most other vehicles and it's adequate even for a family of four. It can take most people wherever they want to go. Safely. It's stylish and nothing like traditional Range/Landrovers and that is why they have pre-sold a gazillion to people like me.

No offence, I just get a bit cranky when the Evoque is compared to an apartment on wheels. If you choose space and presence the Evoque's fresh face perhaps won't fulfill you in the long term.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
11-12-2011 01:05am