Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
What did you do in your Evoque today?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: What did you do in your Evoque today?

Darned apple auto censoring function on iPad!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-09-2011 10:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(21-09-2011 07:05pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Drove from Lancaster to West London via the M6, M42 & M40. In the last 72 hours the car has developed a wind rustle on the seal between the curve of the drivers door and the A pillar. Took her into Lookers Park Royal where their tech Steve took me for a test drive to see if we could replicate the noise and as soon as we got to 55 it appeared, so the car is in the workshop tomorrow to see what can be done. Steve also found the plastic cover for the front mount for the roof rails was a little loose, which could be the cause of the door seal problem. Had a "burn up" and had 15 minutes at xxx mph! Car is impressively quiet, stable and smooth at highly illegal speeds, I was still overtaken by a stream of outside lane cruisers including several Priuses even at the speed I was doing! Ave speed Lancaster to W3, with a stop at Gaydon Motor Heritage Centre was 70, ave mpg, impressive - 40mpg dead for the trip!

Tim, what was the outcome of the wind rustle investigation?
23-09-2011 09:34pm
XFullFatTim

The door hinges were adjusted and I had a 430 miles commute back to Scotland wind noise free at 70mph.... thanks to Steve at LPR who was rather grasping at straws to find a way to cure it. I wonder if the coupes hinges are maybe a little under size for the weight they have to support. The rustle started 10 days into ownership so it wasn't something the car left the factory with

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 10:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-09-2011 10:15pm
ant

Today I played with my Fuji 1/43rd LRX scale model. The Firenze 1/1 Prestige is still in a field in Gaydon.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 12:36pm by ant.)
24-09-2011 11:03am
Spiderman

Travelled 250+ miles from Scotland to our 2nd home on the shores of Lake Windermere to enjoy some well earned R&R with my wife & our Border Terrier. Smile

Never saw another Evoque on our way down....rare beasts!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
25-09-2011 12:12am
XFullFatTim

Left it on the drive while I took the Defender for a cross country drive on shooting road tracks through the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park from Aberfoyle through to Loch Chon, then out to Comer farm, the over the track behind Ben Lomond down a 1:5 gradient to the shores of Loch Lomond, turned around and drove back...................... while the tracks were well within the capability of an Evoque the very slippery grass on the track down to the loch shore and back via 12 hairpin bends would, I think have defeated the grip of the Evoque's 100% road biased tyres and the trickery of the TR system. Some photos taken on the same run in March this year - we had now snow today but the low cloud and rain was a "feature" of today's drive too
[Image: DSCF0402.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0395-1.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0406.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0405.jpg]
Click on the next 2 photos to open the videos
[Image: th_98d75d73.jpg]
[Image: th_5cecc128.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 10:55pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-10-2011 10:49pm
PhilSkill

Looks a fun day out Tim, even with the cloud and rain! all part of the fun up there, would be great to see how the Evoque would fair with the right tyres, but then you dont exactly need to be doing that with your defender!

Sadly my chance to do some terrain in the welsh mountains will be without my Evoque Sad so tarmac only for my up and coming trip!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-10-2011 11:41pm
XFullFatTim

A dry sunny day then the Evoque would handle it no problem, it would probably have handled today OK but it's bad enough having everybody in Defenders and Disco3's watch your every move on these events in the Evoque without making an idiot of yourself spinning away rubber on wet grass on a very steep incline - one of the Disco2's on the run today had serious traction problems coming back up the slope purely because it was shod with road tyres and had no difflock, it ended up needing a little help from a tow rope on one section, I'm sure Evqoue's TR system would have sorted it out but I didn't want to be the one to find out!.

Here is a section of the OS map that covers the route, we ended up at Cailness Cottage http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=238...pp=map.srf

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 12:23am by XFullFatTim.)
02-10-2011 11:46pm
PhilSkill

Yes, you don't want to go and find its limits and get it stuck with loads of on lookers at least till you know where you are with its capabilities, I can imagine there being a few die hard told you so's out there waiting to see it fail!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-10-2011 12:02am
evoqueboy

Well not technically today but on Thursday me and a couple of the boys drove up and down broad street like a bunch of typical Asian lads! Lol many admiring glances and people running out of pubs to see what we were in. Although the highlight of the day was when a phantom drophead drove past with 3 lads in and the one at the back stands up and points at the Evoque and shouts,"Yo that's sick" in front of everybody! Lol
03-10-2011 11:01am