Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weight difference on same type?
Aadje

Weight difference on same type?

Today I learnt that although all LR spec sheets indicate 1545 KG as the default mass for the 2W Pure Evoque in NL , an evoque in Belgium showed a typical mass of 1740 KG (!) this is even more than a standard 4W SD4 ( 1650 kg ) can someone tell me how this can be? 200 KG more on a Pure model from another country seems a bit odd to me.

Pure Ed4 - Fuji White / Pure Tech Pack / Pano Roof / Black 18" Wheels
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 11:29pm by Aadje.)
30-11-2013 09:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Weight difference on same type?

(30-11-2013 09:29pm)Aadje Wrote:  Today I learnt that although all LR spec sheets indicate 1545 KG as the default weight for the 2W Pure Evoque in NL , an evoque in Belgium showed a typical weight of 1740 KG (!) this is even more than a standard 4W SD4 ( 1650 kg ) can someone tell me how this can be? 200 KG more on a Pure model from another country seems a bit odd to me.

Belgium is lower lying than the UK, so gravity is that bit greater being nearer to the centre of the earth. (Although, technically, Kg represent mass not weight).
30-11-2013 10:42pm
m_101

Hahaha or, dry weight vs wet weight?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
01-12-2013 09:06am
Aadje

Thanks guys I thought this was a serieus place...

Pure Ed4 - Fuji White / Pure Tech Pack / Pano Roof / Black 18" Wheels
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 08:05pm by Aadje.)
01-12-2013 08:04pm
Jeroma

(01-12-2013 08:04pm)Aadje Wrote:  Thanks guys I thought this was a serieus place...

Aadje, I recently collected the 2014 RRE brochure from my local JLR dealer and checked the 2WD weight, yes here they call it weight ( Gewicht ) it's only a car !! and the mass is applied in a vertical direction contrary to an object being towedWink when we call it mass

It indicates min weight from 1595kg , of cause any option is bound to increase the weight.

Aard the forum is serious as soon as you start discussing heated steering wheels and exclusive wheel optionsLaughing
p.s And I'm used to drive a 1960 classic TR convertible in the winter without heaterSadSad

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
01-12-2013 09:15pm
Donny Dog

(01-12-2013 09:15pm)Jeroma Wrote:  Aadje, I recently collected the 2014 RRE brochure from my local JLR dealer and checked the 2WD weight, yes here they call it weight ( Gewicht ) it's only a car !! and the mass is applied in a vertical direction contrary to an object being towedWink when we call it mass

It's not the term that I was commenting on, but the unit. Mass is measured in kg whereas the equivalent weight would be kgf (although Newtons are the preferred SI unit, 1 kgf being approximately 9.81 kgf).

Now who's not being serious?! Laughing
01-12-2013 11:03pm
m_101

I was only half joking!
And actually I did mean wet weight, ie weight with all the oil and washer fluid and fuel topped up etc. motorbikes are weighed this way.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
02-12-2013 04:18pm
Jeroma

(01-12-2013 11:03pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  It's not the term that I was commenting on, but the unit. Mass is measured in kg whereas the equivalent weight would be kgf (although Newtons are the preferred SI unit, 1 kgf being approximately 9.81 kgf).

Now who's not being serious?! Laughing

Donny, I do not contest that you are a serious person, but here some observations/definitions :

1: Weight is the force with which a body is attracted to the centre of the earth or another celestial body, equal to the product of the object's mass and the acceleration of gravity.

2. B and NL are more or less situated slightly south of UK, in so far closer to the equator so let's see what this gives:
Centrifugal force produced by the earth rotation is larger at the equator than at the poles and so reduces the gravitational pull... ( For that reasons rockets are launched as close as possible to the equator )

Taking all that into consideration the car should be lighter in B or NL than in UK.

OK call me wrong, no problem for me

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
02-12-2013 04:23pm
BFGEvoqueMan

If you look on the certificate of conformity you will find your cars exact weight. Mine is 1840kg, my last pure was 1845kg.Very Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
06-12-2013 03:53pm
Donny Dog

(02-12-2013 04:23pm)Jeroma Wrote:  Donny, I do not contest that you are a serious person, but here some observations/definitions :

1: Weight is the force with which a body is attracted to the centre of the earth or another celestial body, equal to the product of the object's mass and the acceleration of gravity.

2. B and NL are more or less situated slightly south of UK, in so far closer to the equator so let's see what this gives:
Centrifugal force produced by the earth rotation is larger at the equator than at the poles and so reduces the gravitational pull... ( For that reasons rockets are launched as close as possible to the equator )

Taking all that into consideration the car should be lighter in B or NL than in UK.

OK call me wrong, no problem for me

Ah, but gravity increases the nearer you are to the centre of the earth, so a car would weigh more in a low country! Wink

(02-12-2013 04:18pm)m_101 Wrote:  I was only half joking!
And actually I did mean wet weight, ie weight with all the oil and washer fluid and fuel topped up etc. motorbikes are weighed this way.

But not in kg, though, otherwise that would be mass.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 06:26pm by Donny Dog.)
06-12-2013 06:25pm