RE: Wavering

Anyway...

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 10:46pm by lngrn36.)
20-02-2012 10:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(20-02-2012 10:37pm)tetstb Wrote:  That was a bit harsh. I've gone through exactly the same waying up all of the choices and as my wife's car is an e class 350 cab, it's by miles a better car than my Evoque.

Really?? Hardly a true comparison, How does it work in the snow or on Mud/Rough terrain?? Sure I am sure it is good when the sun is out, although there are FAR Better tools to do that job than an E350 Cab!!
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 11:02pm by THEMACS.)
20-02-2012 11:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mag1c_dragon

(20-02-2012 06:37pm)normangt Wrote:  Well I'm wavering.

I was hanging on waiting in vain for some decent finance offers on the LR web site. As you will see every model has an offer except the Evoque....due to demand I expect.

I was looking at a Mercedes C class Sport at the weekend. The price is about the same for a C220 auto with Navagation. £32000
What sways me to this car is that the dealer is putting about 5k towards the deposit and I pay £4000.making 36 monthly payments of £339. With a final 15k. The finance is about 5%.

Range Rover still want about 10%. That's a big difference on an expensive car.

What to do?!!

Def look for a better finance deal! I put down 7.5k on my RRE and I am paying £514 over 2 years . . .

There are a lot more options other than just accepting LR's poor rates

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
20-02-2012 11:11pm
tetstb

(20-02-2012 11:02pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Really?? Hardly a true comparison, How does it work in the snow or on Mud/Rough terrain?? Sure I am sure it is good when the sun is out, although there are FAR Better tools to do that job than an E350 Cab!!
Please. How many RR owners buy it with that in mind, especially the Evoque?

It's amazing the badge snobbery that's going on in this forum when the guy asked a perfectly reasonable question

So far my £44k Evoque has more rattles than Mothercare and the dealer has been less than useful. Today they took it back for their 5th attempt to fix the rattles and yet our last 6 years or Merc and Audi were pretty flawless by comparison.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
20-02-2012 11:24pm
THEMACS

(20-02-2012 11:24pm)tetstb Wrote:  Please. How many RR owners buy it with that in mind, especially the Evoque?

It's amazing the badge snobbery that's going on in this forum when the guy asked a perfectly reasonable question

So far my £44k Evoque has more rattles than Mothercare and the dealer has been less than useful. Today they took it back for their 5th attempt to fix the rattles and yet our last 6 years or Merc and Audi were pretty flawless by comparison.

Fair comment, i Hate rattles and i would/will do the same as you, hope they get sorted soon!
20-02-2012 11:26pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Tetstb, the service you have received from your dealer really needs to be taken up with Land Rover, it isn't normal to have to pay 5-6 visits to the dealer to get rattles cured on any Land Rover product. It sounds like the service dept. at Cupar have fallen well below the standard I have been used to from 3 other LR dealerships. After each visit to the dealership for remedial work you should have received a satisfaction survey - if you don't get one then you should also contact LR Customer Services because dealership's like yours are damaging Land Rover's reputation. Admittedly their reputation isn't high in many customer's eyes but I think that like all marques there are good and bad outlets. I don't know which group Cupar is owned by but suspect that it may be Stratstones operating under a name used by a previous owner.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 11:46pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-02-2012 11:38pm
Token

(20-02-2012 10:40pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Anyway...

Laughing

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
20-02-2012 11:44pm
tetstb

(20-02-2012 11:38pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Tetstb, the service you have received from your dealer really needs to be taken up with Land Rover, it isn't normal to have to pay 5-6 visits to the dealer to get rattles cured on any Land Rover product. It sounds like the service dept. at Cupar have fallen well below the standard I have been used to from 3 other LR dealerships. After each visit to the dealership for remedial work you should have received a satisfaction survey - if you don't get one then you should also contact LR Customer Services because dealership's like yours are damaging Land Rover's reputation. Admittedly their reputation isn't high in many customer's eyes but I think that like all marques there are good and bad outlets. I don't know which group Cupar is owned by but suspect that it may be Stratstones operating under a name used by a previous owner.

You're right, Trevor was great but the service department are not impressing me so far. Stratstones Cupar are owned by Pendragon who sell everything from Kia to Jaguar so they are not a dedicated LR company.

If it comes back the same this time then I'll wash my hands of them, complain to LR and ask them to involve another dealer. Shame as we always like to source and maintain our cars locally.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
21-02-2012 12:08am
dandavis1

(20-02-2012 11:11pm)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  Def look for a better finance deal! I put down 7.5k on my RRE and I am paying £514 over 2 years . . .

There are a lot more options other than just accepting LR's poor rates

That only adds up to about £19k. What about the rest?!
21-02-2012 11:03am
normangt

I have thought of a potential answer....however its not guaranteed:

http://www.itv.com/daybreak/competitions...fault.html

Sorry if this is another commercial ! Costs nothing to enter to win A MERC Saloon C class...how fortunate at this time...maybe its a sign.
21-02-2012 11:40am