Poll: What factors made you choose the Evoque?
MPG
Interior styling
Exterior styling
Practicality
The Evoque brand
Ride quality
Handling abilities
Technology
Your status
Others
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was MPG a major factor when choosing your RRE?
jitenc

Having reached the 3000 mile mark, I seem I be averaging only 28.6 mpg. Fair enough it's urban driving, but I thought in this present day, manufacturers would have caught on to give real world MPG. I am now lead to believe that all manufacturers over exegerate the figures to boost their sales. Realistically, a 10% off the figures stated would suffice. I now consider the urban MPG stated to be my real world rural MPG. In other words, I will never reach the stated combined or stated rural mpg in my car.
So, just a poll to see if MPG was a major factor in your decision to buy the Evoque compared to, lets say the Audi Q3 or the BMW X1.
What other factors made your decision for the Evoque?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
09-03-2012 12:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

RE: Was MPG a major factor when choosing your RRE?

I think this has been done to Death with the Real World MPG Thread!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 12:15am by THEMACS.)
09-03-2012 12:14am
eastrnma

Yes. A significant factor, but I seem to only average 21 mpg.
09-03-2012 12:16am
lngrn36

No. Sold a full size truck.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
09-03-2012 12:17am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

(09-03-2012 12:14am)THEMACS Wrote:  I think this has been done to Death with the Real World MPG Thread!!

This is a slightly different thread. It's asking for opinion and factors in choosing the Evoque. MPG included. The MPG was a large factor into my decision for buying the Evoque. What was yours?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
09-03-2012 12:28am
cjfp

I reset Trip B yesterday and have been driving with my normal heavy-ish foot on windy roads and my mpg has risen from the 'from collection' figure of 29ish to 31. I urge u all to reset one of your trips to see what figures that starts giving you.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
09-03-2012 12:29am
ceebee

MPG was a SIGNIFICANT factor in my decision!

I had a Kuga (superb car over the 3 years i owned it) which was averaging around 36-38 MPG and when I saw that the Evoque was supposed to get nearer 50 it placed in nicely in my "affordability" bracket. This meant that even if it did a fair few less MPG than stated, the money I saved on fuel would counter-balance the additional purchase price of the Evoque compared to a new top-end Kuga.

I am aware that there are some quite wealthy members on this forum, but I can assure you that I am not one of them. The Evoque was a massive decision for me and a spent a lot of time working out the estimated running costs, insurance, MPG, depreciation etc.....to justify to myself that I could afford to purchase and run the car.

So, when I am getting 33-35 MPG after 4000 miles, it is not only disappointing, but when you take the rise in fuel into account it soon starts to chip away.

Having said that, I love car and I am confident that it will hold it's value very well, so I may make the money back when it comes to selling anyway, so maybe happy days after all in the long run.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
09-03-2012 08:46am
chiggy

Not part of my decision at all to be honest.

Couldn't afford a Range Rover Sport and always loved the RRS.

When the LRX concept was announced a couple of years ago... I knew this was the first Range Rover I would be getting and it just looks fantastic and what pushed me to get it a bit more was the pleasant drive plus the technology and options as well.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
09-03-2012 08:52am
defender_uk

(09-03-2012 12:14am)THEMACS Wrote:  I think this has been done to Death with the Real World MPG Thread!!

sorry of that bores you!! However for some it was THE major factor, and the fact that we have been misold is a major concern.
Nice if you can afford a fuel tanker to follow you round, but some of us can't.
It was THE factor in my case. Long distance commute, and not by choice but at the behest of HM Forces, so had to lose a stunningly magnificent RRS to get better mileage. It is better, but only just.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 10:03am by defender_uk.)
09-03-2012 10:01am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bjorntje_be

Other : CO2 emissions are really low in comparison to other SUVs, especially the 2WD, what benefits in the company tax.
and besides that: it looks stunning !!

ED4 5dr Pure Fuji white with tech pack/fog lights/privacy glass/tow bar ; order 24/02 / expected summer 2012 / delivered 18 sept 2012
09-03-2012 11:47am