Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steaming Up
ChuckieB

RE: Steaming Up

Likewise, trying to reduce the use on the cc I turned it off and from time to time it has steamed up.

Reverting to cc again and the problem goes away.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
03-01-2013 09:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ok some checks for you guys with misting up problems......
Which style of footwell mats do you have? OEM or aftermarket? The aftermarket may look better but they may also be block footwell vents, OEM are designed for the car.

Have you got any damp carpet ? If so you ay have a water leak or a faulty seal.

Have you got anything in the boot that might be blocking the small plastic vents on the lining?

You haven't shut a big wet dog in the boot?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 05:29am by XFullFatTim.)
04-01-2013 05:27am
goldenboi79

I have have OEM rubber mats, no vent blocking, no dampness in the car. No faulty seals that I can find. Nothing at all in the boot aside from the OEM rubber mat.

It seems that I need to put on Max Defrost every 5-10min to clear it on a raining day.

(04-01-2013 05:27am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ok some checks for you guys with misting up problems......
Which style of footwell mats do you have? OEM or aftermarket? The aftermarket may look better but they may also be block footwell vents, OEM are designed for the car.

Have you got any damp carpet ? If so you ay have a water leak or a faulty seal.

Have you got anything in the boot that might be blocking the small plastic vents on the lining?

You haven't shut a big wet dog in the boot?

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
04-01-2013 09:08am
Merf

when its cold outside I get light steaming up on the windscreen from the bottom up to the middle, and wing mirrors, even when the car is fully warmed up on a long run. I'm always flicking the front heated windscreen on to clear it. Got nothing after market fitter and always found it a bit odd as have the climate on all the time usually.
04-01-2013 09:14am
PhilSkill

All my previous cars have done this to a degree, particularly in damp conditions when the sun is out during a cold day, I have to have a chamois lether in my Mazda to clear the inside of the screen of heavy droplets of water before I can use it on days like these. The Evoque isn't a problem and never had anything on the inside of the windscreen, it could be attributed to some damp in the car somewhere since my Mazda is a poorly designed rusty perforated metal sieve made of tin foil, so water tends to get in and the sun brings it onto the windscreen. Failing that i've heard changing the pollen filters (should be done at service) can make a difference to this problem too, maybe they get damp, or blocked?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 11:18pm by PhilSkill.)
04-01-2013 09:41am
J77

I don't have a problem with steaming up but I do get that fogging of the windscreen, only noticeable when driving into the low winter sun.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
04-01-2013 08:58pm
Kentboy

Having the same problem myself and have never had this with any car for several years and I have had a few new cars!

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
05-01-2013 11:04pm