babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Steaming Up - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Steaming Up (/Thread-Steaming-Up)

Pages: 1 2

Steaming Up - Crabacle - 03-01-2013 04:04pm

I'm having a problem with the windows steaming up (no sniggering), predominantly the drivers side and the rear drivers window.

Anybody having similar problems and if so managed to sort it out?

RE: Steaming Up - griff - 03-01-2013 04:08pm

Can I suggest you make sure you are using the climate control if you are not. It has the effect of preventing such issues and does not take much power. I find that I have absolutely no problem as I have it on permanently - after all that's what it is there for.
Cheers

RE: Steaming Up - Crabacle - 03-01-2013 04:13pm

(03-01-2013 04:08pm)griff Wrote:  Can I suggest you make sure you are using the climate control if you are not. It has the effect of preventing such issues and does not take much power. I find that I have absolutely no problem as I have it on permanently - after all that's what it is there for.
Cheers

Thanks

I have that set to 'Auto' all of the time.

RE: Steaming Up - cjfp - 03-01-2013 04:26pm

Whilst auto may be on, is the AC still on as this would dry the air (it is possible to switch off the AC whilst Auto is on) ?

Re: Steaming Up - goldenboi79 - 03-01-2013 06:14pm

I have the same problem if more than one person is in the car. Having Auto and A/C on seems to make no difference. Very peculiar as in ever other car I have owned having the AC on prevented this.

RE: Steaming Up - RacingSnake - 03-01-2013 07:01pm

Interesting... mine too has just started steaming up.
Yes, Auto and A/c cures it, but I did wonder why there was so much 'damp' in the car to cause it in the first place.

Plus to answer the q up there ^^ Yes cjfp, you can have it on Auto with the A/C off.

RE: Steaming Up - gw76 - 03-01-2013 07:03pm

yip auto and climate on and mine frequently steams up... mmm.

RE: Steaming Up - gc79 - 03-01-2013 09:21pm

Mine too, never had that in a modern car before! I have to hit "Max" every 5 mins or so to demist the car. I haven't spilt or let any water into the car so a bit odd.

RE: Steaming Up - cjfp - 03-01-2013 09:44pm

Never had a problem after the initial clear

RE: Steaming Up - EVO PUNDITT - 03-01-2013 09:48pm

Nope not had any steam up, air con clears it straight away