Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wanting to buy an Evoque but....
PhilSkill

RE: Wanting to buy an Evoque but....

Yep over 3 years in now and it's been brilliant, few initial quibbles, but nothing I wouldn't expect from any other car manufacturer.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-01-2015 09:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
genericd

Same here. Only had the car a few months bought used and it's been fantastic so far. No rattles, everything running smoothly. Hope I didn't just curse myself [emoji15] definitely recommended the Evoque. This probably now has me hooked on LRs
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2015 02:25pm by genericd.)
29-01-2015 02:24pm
markdartj

I live in Pac.NW, and have had no problems with my '14 Pure Premium, which would be the minimum trim level I would recommend. 7000 miles since purchase in May. XFFTim is right about researching where your nearest dealer is, since you will be bringing it in for servicing and occaissional computer updates.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
29-01-2015 08:24pm
BobM

I owned an early build car from 03/12 - 05/13 and I loved the car but the minor problems eventually drove me mad. The manual gearbox was the main problem but as you can see from my avatar it didnt put me off at all and I have a new one on order (Auto though).
Two of my friends have Evoque's also, one has had absolutely no issues at all and the other has had only minor problems - Both were slightly later cars (Oct & Dec 12) by which time I guess they had ironed out most of the early niggles.
I have had 5 cars since I got rid of my first Evoque but I couldn't find anything that grabbed my attention as much - so back I went.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
29-01-2015 09:58pm
PhilSkill

What was wrong with your Manual box, i've had mine since Nov 2011 and it's been great!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-01-2015 11:12pm
DVFlyer

I understand the impact forum posts have on making a decision, but a quick internet search will show you complaints about any car..... even the XB.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
30-01-2015 04:19pm
BobM

(29-01-2015 11:12pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  What was wrong with your Manual box, i've had mine since Nov 2011 and it's been great!

It was great to start with but developed a slight but noticeable 'notch' as it went from 1 or 3rd into 2nd. Despite about 5 trips to the dealer and several replacement parts it could not be resolved to my liking and the dealer was adamant that there was nothing wrong. I eventually gave up on it before it drove me insane. The gearbox was one of the things I really liked about the car initially and I drove several demos when mine was in for 'repair' and they were silky smooth - just a Friday car I guess

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
30-01-2015 06:03pm
mbjay

(30-01-2015 04:19pm)DVFlyer Wrote:  I understand the impact forum posts have on making a decision, but a quick internet search will show you complaints about any car..... even the XB.

Yes that's very true.
30-01-2015 06:16pm
m_101

I agree with Tim the plus pack sports seats are AMAZING. So comfortable, look great, and even though the first set of seat bases didn't look great after a while I had them replaced under warranty for excessive wear and you almost couldn't tell that anyone has sat on the second set after 10000 miles. They are definitely more comfortable than my last volvo's seats, WAY better than my wife's audi TT, and even better than my father in law's merc, by quite a bit.
Mine has so far been mechanically reliable, touch wood, but has had quite a few rattles. But LR has sorted them all out without too much fuss. I also agree with Sorcerer that there isn't much else out there that I really want and can afford, with the possible exception of the F-Pace which I'll probably get when it comes out.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
30-01-2015 09:05pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It is strange but there are similar seats to the Plus Pack Recaros fitted to the SVX Defender and the Jag F Type and I didnt find them as comfortably as my very similar design Evoque front seats. They do take a fair bit of adjusting to get perfect but once Mem 1 is set that's them reset until the next time the battery gets disconnected!
When I was recently speccing up my new Defender I was advised not to spend the extra on the Premium Pack seats that are an even more expensive option on Defender than they are on Evoque as they are a dealer fit option for Defender. Jeremy at Grange reckoned they were not nearly as comfortable as the same seats in an Evoque.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2015 12:53pm by XFullFatTim.)
31-01-2015 12:50pm