Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Waiting at the dealers?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Waiting at the dealers?

The Macs, I confirmed my spec with the dealer a couple of months before they ordered it officially on the first day the the order booked opened in March 2011. OK so the dealer is a big one but I imagine your one is too. I cannot understand why yours has taken soooooooooo long to be built because itcdesn't appear to have any extreme spec, I would be highly suspicious that somebody in your dealership forgot to order your car in sufficient time for 1st March, which is disgusting TBH. You have my every sympathy and I hope that you really enjoy the car having waited so long.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-02-2012 11:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(27-02-2012 08:44pm)Ranger4 Wrote:  Very funny! They are beautiful, but I do know what you mean!

I've just come back from my pre-flight check at the dealers and they also had bulging showroom full (and more) of Prestige Evoques awaiting March delivery. However, mine was the only Orkney Grey there and was banished to the car park, probably because it's a Dynamic! Although more likely because I'm one of the first out on Thursday morning - can't wait, roll on 8.30am and my long drive to Hertfordshire and back!

Look out for me on the M25 between Watford and Heathrow between 7.30 and 8. I'll be moving very slowly!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
27-02-2012 11:26pm
HeyBert

(27-02-2012 11:04pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Its a Dealer in Manchester. To be honest, when we ordered in June 2011, we were told that it would be 1 March 2012, which suited us, but I can't understand how people who ordered months and months after us have got their cars!! I didn't want it earlier than 1 March, but I bloody well expected it waiting for us on the 1st!!!!

I have a feeling that people who were really eager and put their money down before even seeing the car have been put down the pecking order in favour of grabbing newer customers, as they know that the people in first are going to wait!! Its A Disgrace to be honest, and there are a few of us on here with similar stories!!

Don't get me wrong we changed spec a couple of times, last time being September, but ALL Along the dealer said it would in No Way affect the build time, which is correct as it never moved in the dealers pecking order, we only got order called over to factory just before Christmas and were then allocated a March build slot. Well, no good keep Whinging about it, won't make it come any earlier!!

I hope it's not the same dealer that I'm using in South Manchester whom have been equally as slow at getting my car to me and have been less than forthcoming with updates?

In all fairness, I've only been waiting since August, so you should be ahead of me in the queue.

Range Rover Evoque Pure 5DR TD4 Manual - Firenze Red, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Privacy Glass
27-02-2012 11:28pm
jasonagusta

(27-02-2012 11:04pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Its a Dealer in Manchester. To be honest, when we ordered in June 2011, we were told that it would be 1 March 2012, which suited us, but I can't understand how people who ordered months and months after us have got their cars!! I didn't want it earlier than 1 March, but I bloody well expected it waiting for us on the 1st!!!!

I have a feeling that people who were really eager and put their money down before even seeing the car have been put down the pecking order in favour of grabbing newer customers, as they know that the people in first are going to wait!! Its A Disgrace to be honest, and there are a few of us on here with similar stories!!

Don't get me wrong we changed spec a couple of times, last time being September, but ALL Along the dealer said it would in No Way affect the build time, which is correct as it never moved in the dealers pecking order, we only got order called over to factory just before Christmas and were then allocated a March build slot. Well, no good keep Whinging about it, won't make it come any earlier!!

Well I would certainly be getting a little anxious to say the least if I still had not received a confirmed build date from placing my order in June, Have you tried contacting LR customer care direct as I'm sure they would be able to shed some light on the matter?

Arrived 1st March: Dynamic Lux Coupe SD4 auto, Body Fuji White with Black pano roof, style 7 alloys with Verve interior & ebony headliner, tow bar, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating glass, Heated steering wheel, high beam assist, Adaptive xenon's.
27-02-2012 11:32pm
THEMACS

(27-02-2012 11:32pm)jasonagusta Wrote:  Well I would certainly be getting a little anxious to say the least if I still had not received a confirmed build date from placing my order in June, Have you tried contacting LR customer care direct as I'm sure they would be able to shed some light on the matter?

I do have a confirmed build date, 16 March 2012
(27-02-2012 11:28pm)HeyBert Wrote:  I hope it's not the same dealer that I'm using in South Manchester whom have been equally as slow at getting my car to me and have been less than forthcoming with updates?

In all fairness, I've only been waiting since August, so you should be ahead of me in the queue.

Probably the same one, I only know one in Manchester, couldn't tell you if it was North or SouthLaughing I went to them as I get my BMW's from one of their Dealers in Liverpool and that Group have been Excellent. I must say their LR Dealer in Manchester have been pretty good with me, I just think its the STUPID CRAP BUILD ALLOCATION SYSTEM, if system is a correct word for it!!!!!!!

Looks like we have the same build date too, may see you at pick up at the back end of March!!
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 11:56pm by THEMACS.)
27-02-2012 11:52pm
Sensorian

(27-02-2012 11:52pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I do have a confirmed build date, 16 March 2012

Probably the same one, I only know one in Manchester, couldn't tell you if it was North or SouthLaughing I went to them as I get my BMW's from one of their Dealers in Liverpool and that Group have been Excellent. I must say their LR Dealer in Manchester have been pretty good with me, I just think its the STUPID CRAP BUILD ALLOCATION SYSTEM, if system is a correct word for it!!!!!!!

Looks like we have the same build date too, may see you at pick up at the back end of March!!

Mine is coming from Williams on Princess Parkway who have been great. I ordered in August and pick pon Saturday.

I gave up at the dealership in Stockport after waiting for 45 minutes......and then being patronsed for a further 30.

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
28-02-2012 12:01am
THEMACS

(28-02-2012 12:01am)Sensorian Wrote:  Mine is coming from Williams on Princess Parkway who have been great. I ordered in August and pick pon Saturday.

I gave up at the dealership in Stockport after waiting for 45 minutes......and then being patronsed for a further 30.

Thats who I am using, WIlliams Manchester. I will be having words though as you ordered two months later and have your car... You Queue Jumper!!!!!!Laughing
(27-02-2012 11:18pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The Macs, I confirmed my spec with the dealer a couple of months before they ordered it officially on the first day the the order booked opened in March 2011. OK so the dealer is a big one but I imagine your one is too. I cannot understand why yours has taken soooooooooo long to be built because itcdesn't appear to have any extreme spec, I would be highly suspicious that somebody in your dealership forgot to order your car in sufficient time for 1st March, which is disgusting TBH. You have my every sympathy and I hope that you really enjoy the car having waited so long.

Thanks Tim, we are really looking forward to it, its just Dragging on now!! We are away over Easter and have told them we need it to go away in. They said they really do expect it before the end of March but should the worse come to the worse they will loan us a vehicle for the week.... Hmmm New 5.0 Litre 510 bhp FFRR, with a Full tank of Super Unleaded..... I think Not!Crying
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 12:08am by THEMACS.)
28-02-2012 12:05am
Sensorian

(28-02-2012 12:05am)THEMACS Wrote:  Thats who I am using, WIlliams Manchester. I will be having words though as you ordered two months later and have your car... You Queue Jumper!!!!!!Laughing

Thanks Tim, we are really looking forward to it, its just Dragging on now!! We are away over Easter and have told them we need it to go away in. They said they really do expect it before the end of March but should the worse come to the worse they will loan us a vehicle for the week.... Hmmm New 5.0 Litre 510 bhp FFRR, with a Full tank of Super Unleaded..... I think Not!Crying

I was quite surprised, had been warned I might have to wait longer. Went to see it today, they now need to get it clean as I smeared the windows licking the glass.

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
28-02-2012 12:09am
HeyBert

(27-02-2012 11:52pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I do have a confirmed build date, 16 March 2012

Ah, mine is coming from the other dealer where Sensorian visited.

My build date has slipped to the 23rd March now so I need to update my signature.

Range Rover Evoque Pure 5DR TD4 Manual - Firenze Red, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Privacy Glass
28-02-2012 09:45am
THEMACS

(28-02-2012 12:09am)Sensorian Wrote:  I was quite surprised, had been warned I might have to wait longer. Went to see it today, they now need to get it clean as I smeared the windows licking the glass.

Good Stuff!!

Tell them to pull their Censored finger out with mine when you see them!!LaughingLaughing
28-02-2012 10:30am