Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
WHEN IS AN ORDER NOT AN ORDER
vision*R

RE: WHEN IS AN ORDER NOT AN ORDER

There has been a price increase for the pano roof a couple of weeks ago. But if your order has the old price, this will be respected.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
24-10-2011 11:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(24-10-2011 11:15pm)vision*R Wrote:  There has been a price increase for the pano roof a couple of weeks ago. But if your order has the old price, this will be respected.

That is crafty of them, how much has it gone up by?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
25-10-2011 12:05am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
garryforrestuk

Just an update I am not dealing with Newcastle after some problems I cancelled my first order and then had problems with refund of deposit. I have ordered at Stockton land rover, This will be my fourth land rover product so i am not a conquest sale. Spoke to customer services and they have confirmed no xenon's on pure and it has BEEN WITHDRAWN from the model variant an does not matter when you placed your order you will not get them. I did say that members on the forum have had it confirmed that they are receiving there lights on pure builds over the next few months and early next year her response was they will be disappointed. The ordering process is a total shambles I have done exactly as requested.
Valeter the price was £460 up to a set date then changed to £790.

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 12:32am by garryforrestuk.)
25-10-2011 12:29am
mark_n

Your contract is with the dealer, not LR, so if the signed order says you will get Xenons and the dealer has not varied the contract in writing, you can hold them to it, but do read the small print as your remedies may be limited to a refund of money paid.

We still do not know what the problem is with the Xenons - a shortage of supply, certainly - but is it simply supply and demand or a problem making them at the supplier? The UK Configurator no longer allows them to be specified for a Pure which will ease demand but given the lead time for the cars, it seems clear the Xenon supply problem is not going to be solved anytime soon.

After all, if Xenons were expected to be in free supply by the time cars being ordered now will be built, they'd still allow them. Instead, there may be a pervasive problem with them. Depending on how LR works, they may be tied up in contractual problems with the existing supplier which prevents them second sourcing them, especially if the original supplier contributed to the design and development of them in return for an exclusive right to supply.

Xenons differ from conventional halogen bulbs in using a high voltage power supply to strike an arc. They are rather brighter than halogens and legislation requires them to have load sensitive auto levelling and headlamp wash to reduce the risk of dazzling oncoming drivers. They are therefore much more complex - and expensive - which is one reason for the difference in base price between a Pure and a Dynamic/Prestige. I can imagine a replacement Xenon headlight for an RRE is getting on for £1000.

Edit: Oh, and I agree with Garry. I've been told I'm unreasonable using the "S" word, "Shambles", but my dictionary defines it as "a chaotic state" which I think describes the LR ordering and production process rather accurately.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 05:47am by mark_n.)
25-10-2011 07:03am
Token

Never realised xenons were so expensive...having had them on recent cars, just been taking them for granted. Good insight Mark.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
25-10-2011 08:20am
QUATTROMAN

(25-10-2011 08:20am)Token Wrote:  Never realised xenons were so expensive...having had them on recent cars, just been taking them for granted. Good insight Mark.
£1000... ???? Get real... if the insurers found that out they would load the premiums dramatically...
The real cost of replacement xenon light is divided into 3 parts -Per Side.
1) the discharge 'bulb' and igniter approx £60 (osram)
2) Ballast Resistor to give the circuit high voltage appox £100 to replace.
3) Glass or plastic headlamp unit approx £50 -£100 to replace depending on DRL type.(same as any headlight)

Don't be fooled into believing that Xenon's are that more expensive than other lights, also as they were specced as an 'option' originally for the 'pure' at £700. (LR buy in for approx a 10th of that value)
OE options make big money for manufacturers ie Park assist at £450 for some sensors and a switch-the rest is already in the loom in your vehicle nowadays with modern Can Bus systems.

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 01:50pm by QUATTROMAN.)
25-10-2011 01:43pm
Blackseries

(25-10-2011 01:43pm)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  OE options make big money for manufacturers ie Park assist at £450 for some sensors and a switch-the rest is already in the loom in your vehicle nowadays with modern Can Bus systems.

On a VW Golf with front and rear parking sensors Park Assist is ............. £80!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
25-10-2011 02:00pm
WorldTraveler

(24-10-2011 12:47pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  If you have paid an early deposit, and have specced your car and it's on Vista then you should still get the lights.

I'm not really sure how Newcastle dealer works regarding orders. There amens to be some people who think they have an order placed, but have not been advised on delivery date.

I know mine is on Vista, and know that delivery has gone back to jan.

I paid my deposit in July ... but dealer is NOT saying anything about whether its been "ordered" on VISTA ... in fact he is not saying much at all ....

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
25-10-2011 06:32pm
berlin2011

Are you seriously going to give up 99% of what you want (Evoque) for something you really don't want for the sake of two light bulbs and a few LED's??? You do realise that you are going to spend 99.99999% of the time in the place where you cannot actually see those bulbs/LED's (i.e. driving the car) and 80% of the time when you look at the car from outside it (i.e. daytime) you will not be able to tell the difference…

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
25-10-2011 09:26pm
Evo-king

Berlin.

You make total sense in your post, but the trouble with many car purchases is that the heart rules the head and often style wins out over substance.

I personally will be holding out for xenons.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-10-2011 09:30pm