Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Very Sad New Owner, Friday car?
karena

Very Sad New Owner, Friday car?

Crying

Christmas gift, a new Evoque 2.0 HSE Dynamic - so happy.
Went in to limp mode yesterday on m25 (and terrified me) and had to be recovered on low loader, 800 miles on clock.
Told needs new engine harness.
Very disappointed.
Is there a 30 day rejection period that I have read about on this forum?
18-01-2017 01:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Very Sad New Owner, Friday car?

I believe this is the law...

Quote:Assuming the car you’ve bought was purchased after October 2015, if it goes wrong within the first 30 days of ownership, you can simply reject it out of hand for a full refund.

But do a bit of research, to make sure you understand your rights, and get onto the dealer as soon as possible, they will undoubtedly try to talk you out if it.

Also be sure you want to reject, as it means you give up the car immediately.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-01-2017 09:34am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Very Sad New Owner, Friday car?

Also IIRC you have to give them 3 attempts to rectify the fault if rejecting it for an electrical or mechanical fault. Do you really need to reject it? If so notify the dealer that supplied it immediately and go to your local trading standards office to get advice on the process for rejection. TBH I don't think what is a fault that has not previously been reported here so not a common problem, is grounds to reject the car. Engine harness is a loom of wires so should not be necessary to completely dismantle the car to fix it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2017 02:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-01-2017 02:46pm