Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unmarked police Evoque
ED209

RE: Unmarked police Evoque

(16-07-2012 09:02pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Oh I didn't realise. Apologies.

Fair comment re front line police. Natural wastage will loose numbers though.

yes there is a fair bit of that at the moment, loads of people retiring and not being replaced.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
16-07-2012 09:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

(16-07-2012 08:45pm)ED209 Wrote:  Probably a senior officers company car.

Unlikely to be a normal patrol vehicle. The argument of cost of police vehicles has been done a million times on the internet. Remember police forces dont pay what the public do for vehicles, they are usually very heavily discounted, running costs and residuals also come into play. Having blie lights fitted also has erm tax benefits.

Our chief has a full fat RR as her company car and she was challenged about it at a staff meeting recently, to be honest she did a fairly good job of arguing a business case for it.

Also with the big sports day/waste of money around the corner it might have been and army vehicle, special forces usually float around in range rovers, an evoque is probably a bit small for 4 blokes and loads of guns but its a possibility.

You are slightly misinformed, police officers cannot be made redundant, they can be sacked but only for disciplinary reasons or for extremely poor performance.

Actually there is very rarely used regulation that allows police forces to dispense with any police officer under "efficiency of the service" without the officer having put a single foot wrong. It's something that isn't very often spoken of but all of your senior officers and senior federation reps will know of it.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
16-07-2012 09:49pm
ED209

(16-07-2012 09:49pm)ytshome Wrote:  Actually there is very rarely used regulation that allows police forces to dispense with any police officer under "efficiency of the service" without the officer having put a single foot wrong. It's something that isn't very often spoken of but all of your senior officers and senior federation reps will know of it.

regulation a19, can only be used when people have 30years service and already qualify for a full pension. Its hardly redundancy.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
16-07-2012 10:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Good to see the police in many areas going back to white painted cars now the used values are higher. You would be amazed when I occassionally attend formal events and have to wear uniform how few people overtake on the motorway when you are wear a white shirt with epaulettes and braid.................. especially when you sit at about 69mph on the cruise. If they stuck further back and read the number plate they would realise that I'm "just" a ship's captain in a car with a private plate wearing my work clothes not a senior police bod.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-07-2012 04:59pm
THEMACS

(16-07-2012 10:07pm)ED209 Wrote:  regulation a19, can only be used when people have 30years service and already qualify for a full pension. Its hardly redundancy.

No Wonder the country is in the mess it is!!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-07-2012 08:58pm
Alex

Driving tonight in Bristol and I saw an unmarked white Dyamic with all its lights on. It was quite funny, we both met at a mini roundabout opposite each other and we sort of paused unsure who was going to go first.

I don't know why but perhaps loosing my train of thought I decided to zip across first and he then went after me (I sort of felt despite the blue lights on he saw it was another Dynamic and was just being courteous).

It's weird but I never thought the police would choose an Evoque as an unmarked police car. The car still draws a lot of attention in comparison to other vehicles, its expensive, and not excatly fuel effecient or fast in comparison to the typical BMWs they often use.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
22-12-2012 01:28am
keweller

I think it's a case of scratching our own backs. They probably get a very good deal from JLR compared to BMW and it's keeping the money within our own economy rather than our tax payers boosting the german economy.

In my view I think its a good idea.
22-12-2012 11:49am
NightFox

Never underestimate the advertising power of a police car!

Up until the late 1980's in the UK, Volvo had a real image problem, its cars were perceived as being boring, slow and driven by middle-aged geography teachers. But then someone at Volvo had the idea of offering their performance estate cars to police fleet managers at a price that couldn't be refused (I seem to remember it was about £8000) when the traditional police vehicle suppliers (Ford and Vauxhall) were still charging them top whack. From that point onwards, Volvos went from being seen as a dull utility vehicle for carting your dogs about in to the hi-viz beast that just screamed past you in a blaze of lights and sirens at 120mph on the M1.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
22-12-2012 12:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Strathclyde Police also have a few marked and unmarked Evoques, I posted earlier this year having spotted a Santorini Evoque with lighting bar and uniformed officer in it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-12-2012 04:45pm