Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ?
Bodlyfunctions

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ?

Just turned 40k miles last week and still on original Pirelli rubber. About 3.5mm all around as I swap fronts and backs around about 10k ago. Very happy runnings
26-02-2014 12:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hussar10a

2650 miles ! A 1p screw puncture right on the shoulder that couldn't be repaired cost me £223 for a new 20" michelin. Considering I hadn't even worn the pimples off the original to say I was jacked off would be an understatement ! ( talking of jacks who in god's name designed the cranking handle on them, couldn't be more fiddly or slow to use if they tried !)
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 02:12pm by hussar10a.)
26-02-2014 02:11pm
SiT

19's on mine, 16.5K mile and still have a good 5mm all round. I have had to replace one tyre because of a punture early on at a cost of £214 for the Conti's
04-03-2014 11:58pm
MartinP

Just had to replace my fronts after 38k miles so very pleased with how the Conti's have performed. The rears are at 5mm so plenty left in those.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
30-06-2014 12:26pm
fam1x

I had to replace the Rear tyre as I manage to get a nail in it and unable to repair it. I have done just 17000 miles now. New tyre costs £175 Smile not cheap for an 18" Pirelli

(26-02-2014 02:11pm)hussar10a Wrote:  2650 miles ! A 1p screw puncture right on the shoulder that couldn't be repaired cost me £223 for a new 20" michelin. Considering I hadn't even worn the pimples off the original to say I was jacked off would be an understatement ! ( talking of jacks who in god's name designed the cranking handle on them, couldn't be more fiddly or slow to use if they tried !)

Ouch Sad I wonder if tyre insurance you can take out when new with car will covered this !!!

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 30-06-2014 03:57pm by fam1x.)
30-06-2014 03:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The tyre insurer I was covered by required digital photos of the damage (they said what angles and views they wanted them from) with the electronic claim form. They paid out within 24 hours of the claim form being received so I assume that the do it on a case by case judgement. The claim form was dead easy to fill in too - basically how when where and how much are you claiming back (limited in my case to £270) - A photo speaks a 1000 words!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-07-2014 12:16am
m_101

I have the same cover I think XFFT or very similar. Dead easy to claim, paid out both times I've claimed. I tend to get fixable punctures fixed myself and claim when I know a puncture isn't fixable as I'm limited to 5 claims in 3 years.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
01-07-2014 10:31pm
David-H.

(30-06-2014 12:26pm)MartinP Wrote:  Just had to replace my fronts after 38k miles so very pleased with how the Conti's have performed. The rears are at 5mm so plenty left in those.

Martin - what size of wheels? I only ask because the Continentals (20") the front of mine are about 75% worn after only 19K miles, and I by no means drive the car hard. Just a mixture of dual carriageway and Edinburgh's terrible roads.

David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
03-07-2014 11:36am
MartinP

David
19's.....and I'm sure the Welsh roads are comparable to yours!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
03-07-2014 12:10pm