Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tracker - TRACKSTAR
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR

I have one fitted by James's tame installers - it made no difference to my insurance and it is way cheaper to pay the lifetime cover, which is transferable to another owner. I got it for peace of mind but would have preferred to have had the special LR version had the service provider not gone bust as it was more sophisticated

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 08:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-05-2012 07:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mudi1

I have the Cobra sure or safetrack something, fitted by RR dealer. I guess they have other approved suppliers too.
I didnt need it for the insurance but, as XFFT stated, installed for peace of mind.
I hate the fact that thieves can just take what they want and get away with it. If they take the car once without a tracker, they will come back and try the next as they know you will replace it.

Even though the Insurance will pay, you still lose out with the following years premium, even with protected NCD!

My tracker was £295 plus £395 for lifetime tracking (or £138 per year).
20-05-2012 06:29pm
mark_n

Cars are much more difficult to steal than they used to be and it's much more important to protect the keys, don't leave them where they can be seen from outside your house, lock the spare set away and so on.

Unless your insurance company insist on it, I think tracking devices are a waste of money. I have the Cobra thing on my 911 which required you to carry a separate fob, but in effect, the annual subscription, which rises inexorably each year, simply adds to the insurance premium to give the total cost of insuring the car.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-05-2012 09:18am