babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tracker - TRACKSTAR - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Tracker - TRACKSTAR (/Thread-Tracker-TRACKSTAR)

Pages: 1 2

Tracker - TRACKSTAR - Mag1c_dragon - 09-12-2011 12:22pm

Have seen it mentioned in other areas, but not noticed anyone actually say they have went ahead and done it on their Evoque.

I am booked in next week to get the Land Rover approved TRACKSTAR Tracker fitted next week. Will let you know how I get on. Cost £399 fitted at a LR Dealership, then I will need to purchase the subscription.

http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/faq/6/trackstar.html

Anyone else got a TRACKSTAR?

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR - Lookers Park Royal - 09-12-2011 02:23pm

We have them on our three demonstrators. Seem to be fine so far with no false alarms

James Smile

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR - Mag1c_dragon - 09-12-2011 02:27pm

Cheers James, they do seem to get good reviews. I opted for the Landrover approved option, incase there are any hiccups with electrics or whatever.

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR - Lookers Park Royal - 09-12-2011 02:33pm

No problem! Best to stick with approved from my experience. I won't mention brand names, however a customer had a Jaguar XJ (new shape) that had a suspension fault. To cut a long story short, we spent hours and hours trying to cure a suspension fault, only to discover by accident that the tracking device that the customer had fitted was causing the issue. Once the unit was removed the car behaved as it should.

James Smile

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR - Evo-king - 18-05-2012 09:09pm

Bump.

I've just received my Service Plan Paperwork, and enclosed was a Glossy for Land Rover Trackster and this got me thinking.

I should have a word with my insurance company to see if I get any benefit/discount on insurance premium.

My peace of mind would be obvious having one fitted.

Anyone had this item fitted, if so any observations/benefits?

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR - cjfp - 18-05-2012 09:22pm

Be prepared for how little difference it makes to the premium!

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR - Evo-king - 18-05-2012 09:46pm

I will probably only go for it if the insurance goes down significantly, incidentally, does having one fitted affect residual value?

(18-05-2012 09:22pm)cjfp Wrote:  Be prepared for how little difference it makes to the premium!

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR - cjfp - 18-05-2012 09:50pm

Dont know about residual, but the tracker on my porsche made a difference of £25 !

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR - speary - 18-05-2012 10:28pm

I fitted Tracker Monitor for £250 plus £149 per year subscription
It made no difference to my insuranceShockedShockedShocked

RE: Tracker - TRACKSTAR - Evo-king - 19-05-2012 10:04am

Done a few checks, my insurance company don't insist on Tracker to systems fitted, premium reduction is negligible, and the outlay is £300ish plus the £145 per year subs, so roughly £900 over 4 years, Plus I have security cameras fitted to the house, so I'm thinking Trackstar is an expensive overkill.