Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Touch Screen stuck in Dim Mode?
HotLap

Touch Screen stuck in Dim Mode?

All, This morning on way to Starbucks, I noticed the touch screen display was unusually dim, everything is working but hard to see the display during daylight hours. If I recall correctly, doesn't the touchscreen dim at night, if so it's acting like it's always night. I checked the OM and couldn't find any reference for a brightness adjustment of the touchscreen am I missing something? Played with turning the headlights on/off and that doesn't do anything for the light level of the touchscreen. Is the brightness of the Touchscreen controlled by a light sensor somewhere (base of windshield) that may have failed?

I hope this doesn't mean a trip to the dealer?

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
22-04-2015 09:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Touch Screen stuck in Dim Mode?

Have you checked that the dashboard dimmer adjustment (down by your left knee on US cars I suspect as it is to the right of the driver's right knee on RHD cars) hasn't accidentally been turned right down.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 11:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-04-2015 11:00pm
Kojak

I'm not 100% sure but 2 things..
First, the colours on mine reverse for day light and nightlight settings which happens automatically.
Second, I think you can opt to keep one display or the other from the settings.
Your post doesn't say you have physically tried doing so, maybe its there?
If i'm not dreaming and you find this option, I guess you didn't change it and it somehow set itself...? that would be annoying.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2015 07:31am by Kojak.)
23-04-2015 07:28am
HotLap

Tim/Kojak, thanks for the helpful comments, I did try the dimmer switch down by the hatch release and it doesn't control the touch screen brightness - only the other instrument panel lighting. Also, I did check the Day/Night/Auto setting and it's still in auto. You are correct in that the colors reverse for night...so the daytime colors are correct, just that the panel is really dim now and very hard to read on a sunny day.

I can definitely tell it's much dimmer than before and I guess a trip to the dealer is going to be necessary.

thanks again for trying to assist - appreciated!

23-04-2015 06:39pm
RacingSnake

(23-04-2015 06:39pm)HotLap Wrote:  it doesn't control the touch screen brightness - only the other instrument panel lighting.
Does on mine.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
23-04-2015 09:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Does on mine too, but doesn't make the touch screen dim enough at night for me though.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-04-2015 09:40pm
HotLap

RacingSnake and Philskill, interesting as my dashboard dimmer adjustment "wheel" is in the full bright position, yet the touchscreen is still dim...could be the issue with a bad dimmer switch.

thx!

23-04-2015 11:56pm