Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To buy or not to Buy
themonk

To buy or not to Buy

Hi guys.

Looking at getting an evoque. I currently have an audi tt 84000 on the clock not a days trouble with it, but due to a new arrival to our family I have to get a more practical car and these are looking really good to me. I have found one for just under £20,000, full service history on there and a 12 months warranty provided but it has done 84000 miles. I know its early days for these models but was wondering if anyone could give me their advice or views on what to do. As you can imagine I don't have a load of spare cash and hate finance options so this is fitting the bill. Its only the millage that is making me question it a little.

Any advise is appreciated
11-12-2015 10:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dang

RE: To buy or not to Buy

something to bearin mind. we bought an evoque when we were expecting a baby. I LOVE my evoque. but once the push chair is in the boot, there is no room for anything else.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 12:03am by dang.)
12-12-2015 12:02am
themonk

(12-12-2015 12:02am)dang Wrote:  something to bearin mind. we bought an evoque when we were expecting a baby. I LOVE my evoque. but once the push chair is in the boot, there is no room for anything else.

Thanks for the advise. Gotta be better than the boot on a peugeot 208 though wich is our 2nd car. As it stands the pushchair and more would get in my audi tt (believe it or not) just can't fit the baby lol.

I might go and look at it tomorrow. If i do Ill take our pram with me and try it in there. Just the millage thing that is making me doubt it. Its at a reputable dealership though.
12-12-2015 12:10am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The 2.2TD engine has seen service in lots of Land Rover, Jaguar (it's the staple engine in the XF until this year when the new JLR Ingenium engines replaced it), Peugeot, Citroen and Ford vehicles, it is a Ford PSA diesel modified to improve lubrication and breathing to suit offroad use. There are many many Freelander2's running around that have mega mileages on them and they seem to be able to take it no problem. Service history is essential though so if the car you are looking at is at a Land Rover dealership and not a nonfranchised dealer then ask them for the computerised service history. We have had members here who have racked more than than that number of miles and have had no mechanical issues whatsoever. Regular servicing and oil changes are the key to engine longevity. As the car went on sale in September 2011 corrosion should not be an issue, there might be some wear on the driver's seat and pedals though! Regarding the boot size, bear in mind that the rear seat on most cars is a split/ fold seat and that if you fit the roof rails then you can add a roofbox which actually doesn't look to bad on the car and from my experience of running with an LR branded roofbox on both the Evoques that I have owned you don't notice it is there either from extra noise or additional fuel consumption, if you have a panoramic roof then that is the only way you know it is there as it cuts out the amount of light entering the cabin! There are quite a few members here with families who are running Evoques without commenting about any space problems

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 11:12am by XFullFatTim.)
12-12-2015 11:02am
themonk

Thanks for the reply mate. Really informative and just what I was after really to set my mind at ease. Might go and view the car today. I'll keep you guys posted.
12-12-2015 11:07am
5jms5

I would concur fully with Tim quite a few of us RRE owners on here are ex FL2 owners. The Freelander I had never put a foot wrong in the time I had it. The engine is bombproof (well tried and tested) build quality on Evoque is good. The other thing to bare in mind is most people don't go on forums to say how well the car is running. Normally people are on the forum to get answers to problems. Good luck with the viewing and I hope you can do a deal
12-12-2015 01:06pm
themonk

Thanks mate. Really reassuring. Gonna phone the dealership now. See if I can fond out history of the car first before I jump in and go and see it.
12-12-2015 01:40pm
bee

(12-12-2015 01:40pm)themonk Wrote:  Thanks mate. Really reassuring. Gonna phone the dealership now. See if I can fond out history of the car first before I jump in and go and see it.

like most modern engines, if well serviced 300,000 is no problem, this engine is well proven.Smile

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
12-12-2015 06:46pm
themonk

(12-12-2015 06:46pm)bee Wrote:  like most modern engines, if well serviced 300,000 is no problem, this engine is well proven.Smile

Well I bit the bullet and bought it. Picking it up on the weekend. Can't wait.
14-12-2015 12:42am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Details?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-12-2015 07:06am