Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tire problems with continentals
slee18

Tire problems with continentals

I have about 4k on my tires but one seems tires are bulging on the sidewalls. Anyone having problems with the continentals?

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
22-03-2012 06:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

RE: Tire problems with continentals

I have 3k on mine and no problems yet. I will be taking it in for a wheel alignment as it is slightly out.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
22-03-2012 06:50am
Donny Dog

My wife had Continental tyres on her RAV4, which we just traded in for her Evoque. The tyres were original at trade in, with 34,800 miles, and still had a few thousand miles on the tread. So, no sidewall problems, but certainly the best 4x4 mileage we've ever experienced. Her Evoque also now has them.
22-03-2012 10:18am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you are having tyre problems like this then the tyres are covered by the car's warranty, get the car into a dealership for inspection.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-03-2012 10:21am
mark_n

34k miles is good - the worst I ever had was a regular 8k miles on a Porsche 911 Carerra 4, apart from the set which were new in the morning and shot by the evening after a dozen laps of the Nurburgring.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 04:33pm by mark_n.)
22-03-2012 04:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Best tyres I ever had were a set of Avon Turbospeeds on a Disco1 V8 - they started to become a little unpleasant to drive on at 62,000 miles! My Defender's original issue BFG ATR's ran to 58,000+ before I changed them and then there was still enough tread for on road use that a member of the 4x4 club brought them off me to put on his Defender that never went off road!
Worst tyres, Continental Cross Contact M&S tyres fitted to my TDv6 RRS - 14000 miles and they were shot, shoulders worn thread bare on both sides despite religiously keeping the pressures correct.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-03-2012 06:15pm
slee18

I would take it back to the dealer but in the US they wont do anything except refer me to the manufacture to get a protrated exchange. Im gonna keep an eye out on it may be its out of balance thats causing it to sit weird.

The best tires that i have were Michelin Pilots for my Camaro worst were goodyear tires

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
22-03-2012 07:39pm