babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tire problems with continentals - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Tire problems with continentals (/Thread-Tire-problems-with-continentals)

Tire problems with continentals - slee18 - 22-03-2012 06:05am

I have about 4k on my tires but one seems tires are bulging on the sidewalls. Anyone having problems with the continentals?

RE: Tire problems with continentals - Barneyridge - 22-03-2012 06:50am

I have 3k on mine and no problems yet. I will be taking it in for a wheel alignment as it is slightly out.

RE: Tire problems with continentals - Donny Dog - 22-03-2012 10:18am

My wife had Continental tyres on her RAV4, which we just traded in for her Evoque. The tyres were original at trade in, with 34,800 miles, and still had a few thousand miles on the tread. So, no sidewall problems, but certainly the best 4x4 mileage we've ever experienced. Her Evoque also now has them.

RE: Tire problems with continentals - XFullFatTim - 22-03-2012 10:21am

If you are having tyre problems like this then the tyres are covered by the car's warranty, get the car into a dealership for inspection.

RE: Tire problems with continentals - mark_n - 22-03-2012 04:31pm

34k miles is good - the worst I ever had was a regular 8k miles on a Porsche 911 Carerra 4, apart from the set which were new in the morning and shot by the evening after a dozen laps of the Nurburgring.

RE: Tire problems with continentals - XFullFatTim - 22-03-2012 06:15pm

Best tyres I ever had were a set of Avon Turbospeeds on a Disco1 V8 - they started to become a little unpleasant to drive on at 62,000 miles! My Defender's original issue BFG ATR's ran to 58,000+ before I changed them and then there was still enough tread for on road use that a member of the 4x4 club brought them off me to put on his Defender that never went off road!
Worst tyres, Continental Cross Contact M&S tyres fitted to my TDv6 RRS - 14000 miles and they were shot, shoulders worn thread bare on both sides despite religiously keeping the pressures correct.

RE: Tire problems with continentals - slee18 - 22-03-2012 07:39pm

I would take it back to the dealer but in the US they wont do anything except refer me to the manufacture to get a protrated exchange. Im gonna keep an eye out on it may be its out of balance thats causing it to sit weird.

The best tires that i have were Michelin Pilots for my Camaro worst were goodyear tires