Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
Think I've decided not to get the Evoque... and get a BMW 3 instead
chiggy

RE: Think I've decided not to get the Evoque... and get a BMW 3 instead

(30-06-2012 12:08pm)LDT Wrote:  +1.

+2

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
30-06-2012 02:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

(29-06-2012 06:28am)EvoqueNorCal Wrote:  Okay, game over.

Was just reading this thread over at the BMW forums about all the extra cool stuff the 3 can do: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671526

You can do a Google search right in the navi. It has a 1-hour buffer on satellite radio so you can listen to songs over again. You can see where your car is at all times with an iPhone app that shows its location on a map to find where you parked. You can activate the air conditioning fan from anywhere with the iPhone app so your car will start cooling off before you walk to it (not to mention being able to lock or unlock the car right in the iPhone app)...

3 series wins.

Great, now that you have finally made your mind up will you please move on and leave this forum alone. Whilst I love BMW I just can't agree with some of your points, espically as Your not comparing like for like cars. If you want a RRE buy one, if you don't buy a BMW instead simples really. Smile

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
30-06-2012 02:34pm
EvoqueNorCal

(30-06-2012 06:01am)chiggy Wrote:  Its not about status or money symbol or ego. There isn't a $100k difference between the 3 series and the Evoque that resembles a massive difference in status... and you yourself said you are able to afford both. You have to realise that BMW is a much larger "label" than Range Rover. Just because its more common doesn't make it less of a "label".

People don't buy an evoque because they want to see other people stare at their car and feed their ego. Its not a case of "Oh look at me I drive an Evoque, what do you drive that's better than this?" or a case of "My car is way way way better than your car".

An evoque will not define your status. A Ferrari will. An Aston Martin will. A Bentley will. You have to realise the Evoque is the CHEAPEST and SMALLEST Range Rover i.e. its at the cheaper end of the Range Rover "label".

And you want the 3 series hybrid and that's fine. That's not a problem but remember you're professing the greatness of the 3 series on a RR Evoque forum. You're bound to get absolutely bollocked.

I just hope you realise that the people on this forum have bought the car because they absolutely love what it is, the way it drives, the way it looks, the features it has and just genuine passion for the car. Some have chosen it because they couldn't afford a bigger Range Rover like the RRS or the FFRR. I myself absolutely love the RRS and FFRR but I can't afford them so I don't know where money and status and ego comes into it.

Its not about everyone being rich because as I said earlier.... its the cheapest and smallest range rover ever built. A lot of the people that can't afford bigger range rovers have actually bought this so they can have an entry level Range Rover.

Its great that the 3 series suits you better and will make you happier - but then expecting people on a Range Rover Evoque forum to agree with your decision isn't going to happen. We don't expect everyone in the world to find the RRE perfect. But you can't let people's opinions get to you because they're just opinions. All those on the 3 series forums will go ballistic at you for considering the RRE. People on here will go nuts for considering the 3 series. Just pick the car that makes you the happiest and go with that. Its just a forum. You can't make everyone happy.

Wise words. Smile

I suppose the responses here should be evident if just because one's car is a very emotional thing to them (proven indisputably in research studies). You chose to buy an Evoque so that's where your loyalties lie, irregardless of anything else. It's all quite logical in an illogical emotional sense, because after all, emotion is illogical, yet all of us humans are susceptible to it.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 12:12pm by EvoqueNorCal.)
01-07-2012 12:03pm
Belvoirbloke

(30-06-2012 12:08pm)LDT Wrote:  +1.

Yes, I know that feeling ... my partner asked me what would I buy if we got rid of it ... truly couldn’t think of anything else ... (well, maybe a Bentley but aint got the cash to buy or run).

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
01-07-2012 01:20pm
Coolbanana

I'd go Porsche Boxster S over the Evoque but can't since I need/want a more family orientated car and one that is 4 wheel drive.

I've had a BMW 335i - chipped to 360bhp - and it was a great driving experience but lacked an LSD which it really needed with all that power. Not as versatile as the Evoque for all weather conditions; I now drive a car with true 4x4 ability because I need the comfort of knowing I can get around in the winter months.

BMW's are very nice cars, I've had 6 in the past - most recently a Z4M - and switched to LR only because I wanted a proper 4x4. If I didn't want a 4x4 then I would have looked at other cars more closely perhaps.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
01-07-2012 01:42pm