Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The specification list
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: The specification list

(19-05-2012 02:49pm)evoquemayne Wrote:  I went for a test drive in a Fuji. Interior was black, Cirrus Headlining, Pano roof. I think it's not a simple as some may make out; it's all a case of balance.

Say you didn't have the Panoramic roof, I would say the Cirrus. In the absence of the Pano, it would be awfully dark in the back with the Ebony headlining, especially with Privacy glass. As you have the Pano, I would strongly suggest you go for the Ebony. Mind you, that's not to say that the Pano/Cirrus combo looks bad, I just think with the Pano/Black Leather, the Ebony looks much, much better.

Excellent advice. My one regret is not going for the ebony roof liner (on the principal I couldn't see why it was more expensive to make something black instead of beige) as (IMHO) it takes the edge of the interior. I have to say thast whislt I love the glass roof, as its got warmer, most of the time the blind is accross due to the greenhouse effect it has. I know its a really nice feature but I could definately live without it. Trust his helps but suspect it just gives you more things to think aboutConfused

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 07:52am by cjfp.)
20-05-2012 07:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
normangt

The specification list

Great feedback so far. It's going to modify my spec I expect.

With regards to the style pack...yes it includes options on my list such as:
Fogs, puddle lamps & 19" wheels. However, it also includes the electric drivers seat adjustment which I don't really need. The style pack is £1750. My three options cost £995. So it's £755 for the electric seat etc which if purchased separately is £900. Therefore it makes sense to avoid the style pack and just get the three that I want. It's a pity the style pack didn't include the pano roof and drop the electric seat. That would seem to be more becoming of the "style" pack !
20-05-2012 10:03am
Straydox

Take a look at the residual value of the Pure with loads of extras compared with a std spec Prestige (which also includes metallic paint) after 3 years. The value of the options on a Pure will more or less be lost immediately - whilst the Prestige in standard spec will retain it's base vehicle value better. Investment isn't a good expression on a new car purchase however you can make a poor purchase choice if you get heavy on the options on top of a base vehicle.

In my own case the Evoque is a company car so tax burden was my only consideration...

Ebony headliner - I spec'd it, and really like it too (the interior looks more 'integrated' to my eyes). There is no getting away from the fact that the back is very dark with the blind closed with black seats too - and I don't have privacy glass either. There are reports on the this site that non-pano roof cars are very noisy when it rains because the aluminum roof is very thin...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
20-05-2012 07:14pm
Urban Splash

To support the OP, the car is classed as a Pure Tech, so there is nearly £2k accounted for when part-ex/sale time comes around. Pano roof is option on all cars....and the other bits n pieces extra wise are pretty low cost.

So all in all, he aint gonna loose out with the options selected. Better than paying an extra £3k for a Prestige.

Just in my opinion, I'm becoming less of a fan of the silver prestige trim under the windows....black looks better!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
20-05-2012 07:24pm
normangt

The specification list

Well the revised spec is:

TD 4 Pure. (Fuji- Ebony) 28705
Fogs 205
Privacy glass 350
19"wheels 450
Xenons 710
Tech pack 1900
Spare wheel 120
Ebony headlining 250
Roof 790
Total £33480

The question ......last question is should I go for the black roof ?
21-05-2012 04:56pm
SINGHY

Forget the ebony headlining because most of the roof will be glass anyway so you'll be paying 250 for a partial headlining. Why pay 500 for black roof when again the pan roof will limit the area, just get it wrapped for less.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
21-05-2012 05:12pm
evoquemayne

Purely subjective now.

It's £500 for a design flourish, albeit one I personally would recommend. I will say, however, that on my test drive, the car had the Pano but not the Black roof, and it looked just fine, I assure you.

In my opinion, I think the Pano suits having the Black roof. I also prefer the profile of the car as I feel the door pillars lead rather nicely into the black roof. I, personally, am not very comfortable having it wrapped, but you may be so there could be a potential saving.
21-05-2012 05:55pm