Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Roof order question
Rossy100

Roof order question

Just something I noticed and wanted to question.....

I have ordered an OG Dynamic Lux pack with black contrast roof. On my order I can clearly see the Lux pack (included with car model description) and 'Black Contrast Painted Roof' as an option. However this doesn't say the word 'Panoramic' (which is obviously included as part of Lux pack).

Given some of the build errors I've seen talked about on here..... Should I be worried by this? Is it even possible that they could be stupid enough to build a Lux car without the panoramic roof?

Thanks
21-05-2012 11:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoquemayne

RE: Roof order question

No, not at all. I was alarmed about this exact same thing as well.

The give-away that they know what they're doing in this case is that the "Black Contrast Painted Roof" is now priced at £500 instead of the normal £1290 i.e the car has a Pano anyway, and you are paying for the Colour contrast edging.

I'll admit it could be clearer but rest assured, they are building your baby as you ordered.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2012 11:46am by evoquemayne.)
21-05-2012 11:43am
Rossy100

Roof order question

Thanks...... Although with or without the panoramic roof the 'black contrast' is still only £500..... So not sure this tells much. On my order, the option code is 080AN ...... Have you got the same?

The other question this raises is how they can get away with charging the same for applying a lot less black paint!!!
21-05-2012 11:50am
evoquemayne

Let me elaborate. When I put the order through, I originally asked the dealer for the Panoramic Black roof. I later told him to add the Lux and then I saw it became £500 as he said the Pano was included within the Lux. Having thought about it, I'll admit it probably doesn't reveal as much as I initially thought, but that change was enough for me to feel relatively confident that they knew what they were doing.

I have no option code(s) on my Vehicle Order Agreement.

I agree, it's somewhat criminal! I guess they're trying to avoid everyone having it.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2012 12:01pm by evoquemayne.)
21-05-2012 12:00pm
PhilSkill

I think the cost is the fact the car has to go through the Paint shop and have additional paint layers applied and dried and checked separately etc the actual amount of paint is pretty irrelevant in the scheme of it all. Well somewhere between that and Marketing bluff and simpler pricing as well.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-05-2012 02:44pm