Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour
iwf

So having finally got the delivery date and VIN number I find out it's the wrong colour!

The wife and changed our mind around a month before the build date, when I added a couple of extra items. All was well we were assured, only when I checked the VIN number on TopiX the spec states the orginal colour.

Having emailed the dealer I'm still awaiting an explanation.

Any views on my options?
11-10-2014 02:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour

Simple, refuse tell the dealer that you no longer want the car as they have messed up and get them to order you a new one in the correct colour.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
11-10-2014 04:21pm
iwf

Agreed, but I don't want to wait 2 1/2 months for another car.

Might think about giving up on the Evoque altogether.

The dealer rang this afternoon, but only to discuss options, which were, 1 take the car, or 2 he'd 'speak to his management'

I told him to go speak with his management !
11-10-2014 08:33pm
Stadt Panzer

For me there are two options:

1) Take the car.
2) Reject the car.

Dealer shouldn't even be saying that he'll talk to his management! That's taking the piss.

What colour did you order and which one is coming?

Somewhere in the North Sea.
11-10-2014 08:57pm
iwf

When we orginally ordered we were undecided on colour so just selected Indus Silver, though in truth I didn't check the paperwork very carefully.

A month before build we added a couple of items and selected Corris Grey. I think what happened was because the extras were dealer fitted items they missed the change in colour.

Let's see what happens next, and just how quickly they can build a car if they really need to
12-10-2014 07:53am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would suggest that you also get in contact with Land Rover Customer Services by phone (Pete is away on holiday but I'm sure that someone will at least be looking at his in box), tell them you are a member here and know our contact is on holiday and tell them your problem. You will need to give them your forum nickname and real name and the name of your dealership (not the saleman!). If you have it they will find your order number useful. I changed both the colour and spec of mine and had no issues. Sounds like the salesman or person who processes the orders at the dealership needs a wake-up call.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 08:49am by XFullFatTim.)
12-10-2014 08:49am
The Valeter

So if you decide to abandon the Evoque & go to another make then unless they have a car to your spec in order I doubt the wait will be much if any less than the 2 1/2 Months from your present dealer.

Very annoying position they have put you in though.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
12-10-2014 02:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

(11-10-2014 08:33pm)iwf Wrote:  Agreed, but I don't want to wait 2 1/2 months for another car.

Find another dealer who has earlier delivery order slots Smile

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
12-10-2014 07:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Try contacting our forum sponsor and ask what they can do, they are one of the biggest LR dealerships in the UK

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-10-2014 07:37pm
xxxx5

Another fine mess by a incompetent landrover dealer. Why don't they learn? How many times has this happens now to forum members, it's beyond believe.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
12-10-2014 09:02pm